Highland Park & University Park new 700 MHz P25 systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Im guessing that will be added to the GMRS system. There was talk a while back that those agencies were considering joining the GMRS system.
Wait, i think it should now be called GMRSS since Seagoville is now on it. ha ha ha.
Or are they going to share a system of their own?

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
The strange thing is the emission designators on both applications are 7K60FXD, 7K60FXE like DMR.
That is interesting. About 100% sure it was a mistake that they will file an amendment to fix. The only equipment that I know of that would work on 700 MHz in DMR is the Kenwood NX5400 and NX5900 radios. They only do it because Kenwood added DMR into the line for commercial bands. Also pretty certain that the consultant listed on the application wouldn't specify anything that didn't have a "Stylized M" logo on it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The strange thing is the emission designators on both applications are 7K60FXD, 7K60FXE like DMR.
I wonder if they mistakenly used those emission types because that is what Highland Park currently uses.

When the topic first came up, some months ago, about a new system for the Park Cities, I looked at the city council meeting minutes, and they specifically referred to joining the GMRS system. So, either they've changed their mind, or somebody goofed.

The proposal to build a P25 system and the interlocal agreement to join GMRS was approved at the H.P. city council meeting 06/24-2015. Looking at the minutes of subsequent meetings up to the most recent does not show any change to a DMR system.

As fwradio noted, this is likely a mistake.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
I can confim that University park is moving to a P25 trunked system in approximately 14 months. Unfortunately, I am unable to name the source of ths info for security purposes.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I can confim that University park is moving to a P25 trunked system in approximately 14 months. Unfortunately, I am unable to name the source of ths info for security purposes.
You've been great with providing accurate information before so I have no doubt you're correct. Just keep us updated if God forbid they run into a totally unexpected delay like every other radio system that gets built :p

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
You've been great with providing accurate information before so I have no doubt you're correct. Just keep us updated if God forbid they run into a totally unexpected delay like every other radio system that gets built :p
I will relay more info as it become available and safe to do so

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Please not the same vendor that is doing the collin county P25 system.. ha ha ha.. at this point its no longer months behind, were now over a year behind i believe.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Last i checked was a few months ago, there is a control channel on the air but its not doing anything. But thats for another thread. I dont want to hijack this one and get it off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.