highland prk pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqs

i went by highland park pd and i noticed there was a city pd car i thought they had the wayne co so patrol but it was not a wayne co car

MetalManMI

freqs said:
i went by highland park pd and i noticed there was a city pd car i thought they had the wayne co so patrol but it was not a wayne co car

Our contract expired July 1, 2007. HP decided to reestablish their own PD so they didn't renew.

bigbluemsp

MetalManMI said:
Our contract expired July 1, 2007. HP decided to reestablish their own PD so they didn't renew.

Yes and it's not going to last.

They can't afford anything at all..

Old cars, a few new, used gear, old guns.

I know a guy there and they made him buy all his uniforms, gear, weapons, badges basically they gave him ammo, car keys and a paycheck..

Wayne Co will get it back within 2 years.

freqs

Yes and it's not going to last.

They can't afford anything at all..

Old cars, a few new, used gear, old guns.

I know a guy there and they made him buy all his uniforms, gear, weapons, badges basically they gave him ammo, car keys and a paycheck..

Wayne Co will get it back within 2 years.

so what system are they on detroit or on there own freq

rcvmo

While WCSO was there I maintained the SO units and comms on the old UHF system. They received old retired cruisers from Dearborn and slapped Sheriff stickers on them. Sheriff's office was an abandoned store front with reinforced trailers for prisoner cells.
rcvmo

MetalManMI

While WCSO was there I maintained the SO units and comms on the old UHF system. They received old retired cruisers from Dearborn and slapped Sheriff stickers on them. Sheriff's office was an abandoned store front with reinforced trailers for prisoner cells.
rcvmo

We still have some of those cars. Funny thing is, if you look at them in the right light, you can still see the outline of "Dearborn Police" on the trunk lid! One issue with those vehicles is...all of our cars have Touchmaster light/siren controls with the exception of those units. Every once in a while when the normal fleet is thin (in for service or a special detail that requires full fleet utilization), we end up using those cars...very awkward using those units due to that...

Those lockups off the back of the mini were rarely used...we mainly used the cage in the mini...yep...those were fun times...carrying two preps...one UHF district 3 prep for Detroit dispatch....then an old brick for county case numbers and talk-around. Hey...you forgot our copier and fax machine...we were lucky enough to get ours from a forfeiture!

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
You know, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out, but why even have a Police Department if you are going to put them under those kinds of conditions? The area is already a horrible place to live and the crime rate is through the roof. I know when I worked for Guardian Armored years ago, we had a lot of people that did not even want to get out of the truck in the city of highland park. If the sheriff was handling business why was the contract not renewed rather than saying ok we now have a police department, oh and you have to buy everything yourself and we are going to give you a piece of crap for a car? What kind of police department does that to its officers? Moreover what Police Officer would subject himself, his family to this type of abuse?? Either the police department takes care of its officers or there is no police department. The Reserve programs are better than Highland Parks police department.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
You know, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out, but why even have a Police Department if you are going to put them under those kinds of conditions? The area is already a horrible place to live and the crime rate is through the roof. I know when I worked for Guardian Armored years ago, we had a lot of people that did not even want to get out of the truck in the city of highland park. If the sheriff was handling business why was the contract not renewed rather than saying ok we now have a police department, oh and you have to buy everything yourself and we are going to give you a piece of crap for a car? What kind of police department does that to its officers? Moreover what Police Officer would subject himself, his family to this type of abuse?? Either the police department takes care of its officers or there is no police department. The Reserve programs are better than Highland Parks police department.

I know what you mean. I work for Charter Communications and we will Only do analog service their because so many people don't pay their bills and then sell the digital equipment. They will not let install techs collect cash during installation. They must pay by check or C.C. because so many techs were getting robbed. I heard too they must have at least two people their most times for techincal support.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering what frequency the fire dept. is using? Where are they located now?

Thanks,
Russ

They are on the MPSCS system and are listed in the database. They are housed in a warehouse in an industrial complex off of Davison and Oakland on what used to be the Chrysler Tech Center property. Pretty pathetic considering that in their heyday they had 4 fire stations.

bigbluemsp

I say someone needs to NUKE Highland Park and the ROT and start over fresh.

Both a waste of time, energy and resources for Public Safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.