Highway Patrol conv channels - please check DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=2209

Can anyone confirm that these channels are still accurate as they appear in the database? Had a few days in MT and some stuff seemed off, but I do not know enough on MHP if any changes should or need to be changed.

There are also some missing PL tones in the database and I'd like to go in and make corrections if needed.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
They still operate on the conventional channels. The state system is still not built statewide

necromonster

Premium Subscriber
Well I monitor all the LE frequencies from Billings to Butte Monday through Friday has not once had a transmission come across any of those frequencies from mhp. I have however heard them transmit on p25 systems to local PD. The proof is in the pudding my friend

necromonster

Premium Subscriber
And the statewide system may not have 100% statewide coverage. But the lack of coverage coincides with population density and ease of access to human traffic. E.g. mountain valleys deep in the back country

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Listening to them from Dillion across Laurel to Hardin...

You can't be on the P25 system if it doesn't exist in certain areas...

PJH

Premium Subscriber
No - you stated: "Well I monitor all the LE frequencies from Billings to Butte Monday through Friday has not once had a transmission come across any of those frequencies from mhp. I have however heard them transmit on p25 systems to local PD. The proof is in the pudding my friend"

You may be confusing them with them on https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3825 .

I am specifically asking about the information contained here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=2209

Several entries are missing PL tones and the such for several of the districts. In personally monitoring them on the CONVENTIONAL channels, where are all ANALOG and not P25. These PL tones, and usage I am looking to confirm in the database.

I *can* tell you that the ANALOG channels are still active, and several are patched between the two in some areas. As I was driving I did not have the opportunity to sort out the information.

This is the information that I am after so I can properly update the database.

The statewide trunked system is not built out state wide. The microwave system is built out fairly statewide, but trunked (vs conventional) radios sites are not. They are still under funding. It appears that all the sites in zone 16 were mistakenly entered into the database as active. There are active FCC licenses, but the sites themselves are not physically present.

necromonster

Premium Subscriber
So, 154.9200 in the Billings area is confirmed. I heard mhp on there this morning. They mhp officer and ambulance passed right by me. I heard the officer come over that frequency stating he was behind the ambulance and he was asking confirmation on a mole marker for an accident. Only one I've confirmed so far.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
There is no question that they are in use. I'm looking for PL times and that the descriptions are accurate.

jep0910

Premium Subscriber
For the past seven years, I've made an annual trip across Montana on I-90. I heard traffic on the frequencies shown in the database, and logged a few additional tones:

District 1 Missoula Secondary/Tactical 154.815 PL 141.3
District 4 Billings Dispatch 154.665 PL 127.3
District 7 Belgrade Dispatch 154.680 PL 127.3
District 7 Belgrade Secondary/Tactical 154.935 PL 127.3

As indicated in the database, I did hear quite a bit of traffic on Billings Secondary/Tactical on 154.920 PL 151.4.

Hope this helps.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

For the past seven years, I've made an annual trip across Montana on I-90. I heard traffic on the frequencies shown in the database, and logged a few additional tones:

District 1 Missoula Secondary/Tactical 154.815 PL 141.3
District 4 Billings Dispatch 154.665 PL 127.3
District 7 Belgrade Dispatch 154.680 PL 127.3
District 7 Belgrade Secondary/Tactical 154.935 PL 127.3

As indicated in the database, I did hear quite a bit of traffic on Billings Secondary/Tactical on 154.920 PL 151.4.

Hope this helps.

akuter

Premium Subscriber
Still hear traffic on 154.68. Not for the Belgrade/Bozeman area. I think is more Broadwater co I-90 I-15-Butte-Dillan.
On the Digital side they like D1 or A1 sites.
Not a peep on 154.935 anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.