Highway Patrol Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comptel

I'm new to the scanner world but am making some progress as have most of the local frequencies now loaded into my new scanner.

Am going on a trip to Branson, MO and am wanting to enter the highway patrol frequencies for TX, OK, and MO, but do not even know what the department would be called. I can't find anything on highway patrol. What do I look for and where?

KE5BCP

Analog Man
I'm new to the scanner world but am making some progress as have most of the local frequencies now loaded into my new scanner.

Am going on a trip to Branson, MO and am wanting to enter the highway patrol frequencies for TX, OK, and MO, but do not even know what the department would be called. I can't find anything on highway patrol. What do I look for and where?

For Texas (mostly digital now):
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=71

Comptel

So is the highway patrol called Department of Public Safety? And is that generally true for other states as well?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So is the highway patrol called Department of Public Safety? And is that generally true for other states as well?
In Texas, the parent organization is called Tx Dept of Public Safety. That's on a logo, with an outline emblem of the state, on their vehicles. Most all of the vehicles used for patrol have "State Trooper" on them as well, probably since that's a term many other states use.

Oklahoma calls their patrol units Oklahoma Highway Patrol, a division of the Departmet of Public Safety.

Looks like Missouri also uses the Dept. of Public Safety term, with Highway Patrol for the division providing traffic enforcement & response on the interstates & other roadways. Some states use the term "State Police"

Status
Not open for further replies.