Highway Patrol Going Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmessner

Governor in his State of the State Address tonight proposed increased driver license fees to help fund in part the implementing a digital (presumably trunking) system statewide. Governor referred to the upgrade as long overdue.

ropin4gold

John,

I heard this last night also. They are getting a new statewide system but I haven't found any specifics. I work for a state agency and hope they put us on this system because ours isn't too good. Hopefully somene will chime in that knows more about it and fill us in. It would be nice to get a system like Arkansas has.

johnmessner

Since the Department of Corrections (Prisons) have upgraded to trunk systems one would assume that would be the logical choice for THP. It sure would be nice to have a statewide trunked system rather than the hodgepodge of frequencies they use now. There also trying to save about 80 existing trooper positions at the same time. I hope they find the funds to keep the troopers and upgrade the radio system. When you consider all the rural areas the THP covers, it would either have to quite a large trunk systems or they will maintain some low frequency conventional channels too.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
TN is emplementing a Statewide 700/800 P-25 TRS, the first regional third of which is the TVRTRS... Second will be midstate area, then Western. This system will have links to the MSWIN, VIPER, AWIN and the slowly growing GA TRS's and quite possibly also the KY P-25 conventianl net. Vias CSSI will also have links to the growing TXWARN system, which the first phase is the regional system along the Gulf.

Last edited by a moderator:

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
TN is emplementing a Statewide 700/800 P-25 TRS, the first regional third of which is the TVRTRS... Second will be midstate area, then Western. This system will have links to the MSWIN, VIPER, AWIN and the slowly growing GA TRS's and quite possibly also the KY P-25 conventianl net. Vias CSSI will also have links to the growing TXWARN system, which the first phase is the regional system along the Gulf.

dont forget the new SC 25 VA STARS and MOWIN (currety the st louis p25 ) and the new AL p25 (look at the MSWIN thread for news on that

Status
Not open for further replies.