Highway patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSP121

Could anyone give me the frequencies for the Highway patrol. Are they conventonal or trunked?

Searay

Premium Subscriber
All are now on the State Palmetto 800 System.. Located in the SC Section

MSP121

Do i have to program in all of those frequencies or can i just program in the control frequencies?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's a little tough answering this question, since you didn't specify which patrol you were asking about. Therefore, since I see you're in Maryland, I'll answer in a general way for that state;

Most major highways are the responsibility of the Maryland State Police. They, in general, are using a 39 mhz simplex system; however, many barracks are now getting on their respective county's trunk system via the use of pre programmed portables.

Some roads, such as those leading up to tunnels are the responsibility of the Md. Dept of Transportation; either they or the Maryland Transit Authority.

You can find the State Police layout, along with the MdTA and MTA frequencies in the Maryland databases on this board.

73s Mike

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Travelling south on I-95 through SC to Hilton Head, use the following towers (in order N to S):
Site 60 Bennettsville
Site 40 Marion
Site 56 Darlington
Site 55 Effingham
Site 54 Lee
Site 57 Sumter
Site 53 Manning
Site 11 Holly Hill
Site 12 Summerville
Site 10 Canadys
Site 33 Yemassee
Site 37 Bluffton

You didn't mention what scanner you're using. If it's a more modern trunktracker, use control-channel-only mode and program the control channels (red) and alternate control channels (blue).

Join the palmetto800 yahoo! group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/palmetto800) and download or print the new SCHP channel list (an excel file) that's located in the files section of the group. Program the talkgroups for SCHP Troop 5 (Dillon/Florence/Darlington/Marlboro Cos), Troop 1 (Sumter/Lee/Clarendon Cos), Troop 7 (Orangeburg Co), and Troop 6 (Dorchester/Colleton/Beaufort Cos).

Hope that helps. Have a good trip.

Brian
SCScan

Status
Not open for further replies.