Hill AFB - Mock Disater Dril

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2005
Messages
1,465
Location
North Muskegon, MI
Everyone that is able tomorrow should check this out and try to get some info:


http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3342820
Mock airplane crash planned for Tuesday morning
May 19th, 2008 @ 4:12pm

(KSL News) Officials at Hill Air Force Base want to warn residents in the area about a mock plane crash planned for tomorrow.

A simulated mid-air collision will take place at the Ogden Regional Airport and in the area around Farmington Canyon. The exercise will help agencies practice responses to emergency situations.

The drill is scheduled around 9 a.m.
 

todd_18

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
29
Location
North Ogden, Utah
It has started.....

Site 1
TG:7776(Ops 4) Ogden airport area
TG:18464(Event 2) Farmington Canyon area
TG:7808(Ops 5) Hill airforce units
 
Last edited:

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
627
Location
Moab, Utah
Change in policy for federal DB entries

Lindsay, the RR administrator, has changed the policy on data removal so that previously unlisted federal frequencies, such as those used for military bases, can now be listed. So feel free to submit any information you gather. Notice that Hill Airforce Base is now listed again under Davis County.
 
Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
2,284
Location
Kearns, Utah
Wow! That is quite a change in policy. I'm glad someone had all those frequencies and TGs so that they could be put back up so fast. I thought they might have been lost.

Way to go Lindsay and theaton!
 

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
627
Location
Moab, Utah
Lindsay simply reopened the old sites--as they were before he hid them. I have no idea how up-to-date the listed information is. I guess it's time to start checking it out!

-Tim
 

yaesu_dave

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2002
Messages
79
Location
Ogden UT
theaton said:
Lindsay, the RR administrator, has changed the policy on data removal so that previously unlisted federal frequencies, such as those used for military bases, can now be listed. So feel free to submit any information you gather. Notice that Hill Airforce Base is now listed again under Davis County.

Greetings all,

The frequency list for Hill's trunked system is out of date, so here's a list of the frequencies I've got programmed into my PRO-2096. Hill's system is now digital, so you'll need a scanner like the PRO-96 or PRO-2096 to monitor the traffic. The other big change is that the system now uses "splinter" frequencies, i.e. 407.3625. Here's the list as I have it:

407.3625 408.1625 409.1625 409.9625 406.9625 407.7625 408.5625 409.3625

409.7625 410.3625 (Control) 410.1625 (Control)

73 and Good Monitoring,
David
 

yaesu_dave

Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2002
Messages
79
Location
Ogden UT
todd_18 said:
It has started.....

Site 1
TG:7776(Ops 4) Ogden airport area
TG:18464(Event 2) Farmington Canyon area
TG:7808(Ops 5) Hill airforce units

During the mock disaster drill, I also heard some traffic on 463.125, which seems to be the frequency McKay-Dee uses for disaster drills and medical training.

73,
David
 

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
627
Location
Moab, Utah
Hill AFB TRS

yaesu_dave said:
The frequency list for Hill's trunked system is out of date, so here's a list of the frequencies I've got programmed into my PRO-2096. Hill's system is now digital, so you'll need a scanner like the PRO-96 or PRO-2096 to monitor the traffic. The other big change is that the system now uses "splinter" frequencies, i.e. 407.3625. Here's the list as I have it:
407.3625 408.1625 409.1625 409.9625 406.9625 407.7625 408.5625 409.3625 409.7625 410.3625 (Control) 410.1625 (Control)
Thanks Dave! I updated the frequency list based on your information. I also tagged the TGs (realizing that many of them may also be out-of-date).

-Tim
 

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
627
Location
Moab, Utah
Ogden hospital

yaesu_dave said:
During the mock disaster drill, I also heard some traffic on 463.125, which seems to be the frequency McKay-Dee uses for disaster drills and medical training.
I have an Ogden repeater in my own DB on 463.125 but I have it listed as COLUMBIA OGDEN REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER rather than MCKAY DEE HOSPITAL CENTER based on the callsign I heard some time ago. The tone I heard on it is 136.5 (SLC also has a repeater on this frequency with a tone of 118.8 which is in the DB).

If you can confirm any of this I'll add the appropriate Ogden hospital repeater to the DB. Weber County is short on listed frequencies.

-Tim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top