Hillsborough Co F.R. and TFD District Maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Hey all, I was just wondering if there were any documentation out there that showed the various response areas of the HCFR and TFD companies? I am aware that there are lists which provide station locations, but it sure would be sweet to have a first, second , third, ect response map. Due to the success of the quest for HCSO and TPD district and sector maps I was thinking that one of us would be able to come up with something along these lines. I will see what I can come up with on my end, and any input would be very welcome. TT.

tampatracker

So far I have not been able to find any. Does anyone have any firefighter friends out there? Or friends of friends?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
So far I have not been able to find any. Does anyone have any firefighter friends out there? Or friends of friends?

Hillsborough County Government Online - Real Estate - Resources - Publications

Here's how HCFR does it. For example box 725 is page 7 grid 25.

Now ignore the map sheet numbers listed on the GIS site, they are kinda off, rename them like so..... here they are from left to right, top line to bottom line.

6 5 4 3 2 1
7 8 9 10 11 12
18 17 16 15 14 13
19 20 21 22 23 24
29 28 27 26 25
30 31 32 33 34

TFR uses TPD grids.

doobis

Alarm Responses

I have never seen these maps in existance with HCFR, but there are set zones for the units set up in EDC's CAD system.

But generically speaking (as with most depts.), the closest units respond to the location. That being (obviously) said, a 1st alarm fire response, involves sending 4 suppression units (usually 3 engines and a ladder, but if there is not a close by ladder - such as the east side of the county - a fourth engine is sent in place). In addition a Rescue (ambulance) is sent to the location along with a battalion chief and, if necessary, a tanker unit. Additional alarms activate the shift commander (Bat. 2 @ Sta 14) and Heavy Rescue (Sta 11) in addition to additional Suppression, Rescue Units, an Air truck, the PIO (Tankers PRN).

As a side note, R44 has been "recommissioned" as R25 (East Side/Plant City Area). R25 is stationed at Sta 44, but around June 2010 will move into Sta 25 when Sta 44 is torn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.