Hillsborough County (EDACS and P25 32D.1E306)

CanesFan95

Question about Tampa PD. They frequently patch the 2 sector TGs together within a district. For example, they'll take Sector A and B TGs on District 1 and they'll patch 'em together. The dispatcher usually keys up and announces this to everyone as going "on combined". They do this quite frequently, even at times when it's busy.

So the question is, why do they do this so often? I think it's more than just dispatchers going on break cause it's so often. When someone keys up, all you see is the patch ID and it's hard to know what you're listening to.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Question about Tampa PD. They frequently patch the 2 sector TGs together within a district. For example, they'll take Sector A and B TGs on District 1 and they'll patch 'em together. The dispatcher usually keys up and announces this to everyone as going "on combined". They do this quite frequently, even at times when it's busy.

So the question is, why do they do this so often? I think it's more than just dispatchers going on break cause it's so often. When someone keys up, all you see is the patch ID and it's hard to know what you're listening to.
They combine for breaks and they're also perpetually short staffed.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Those frequencies are listed on the EDACS system. Not sure why those transmissions would be on those frequencies.
Not uncommon when migrating systems. Clearwater did the same. Makes sense to take frequencies off the sunsetting EDACS system to increase P25 capacity.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Not uncommon when migrating systems. Clearwater did the same. Makes sense to take frequencies off the sunsetting EDACS system to increase P25 capacity.
Perhaps this is why my scanners have been more quiet as of late as well with the new frequencies on the system (and not being in the database yet)?

Rbp1414

Premium Subscriber
Can someone submit to the DB the new frequencies above and any others they've identified?

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Can someone submit to the DB the new frequencies above and any others they've identified?
I've tried running Unitrunker v2 to see if I can get ahold of the frequencies but unfortunately it does not filter out duplicate frequency listings and the data it spits out is mismatched on the LCNs (i.e. different LCNs for the same frequency on multiple rows).

I've also put in for DSD+ Fast Lane as well, waiting to get my email from them to download it so I can use it and FMP.

Thomaspj2

Premium Subscriber
I'm listening to my SDS100 I have found unidentified talkgroups in use on the P25 system. Is there a way to find who it is?

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Here's my results from DSD+ Fast Lane. Looks like the 851 MHz frequencies are not registered as control channels.

6MDuERR.png

Database submission change will be sent in momentarily.

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
Trying to program my Harris M7300 with a HCSO HCFD and TPD codeplug.
Programmed west site since I'm in Pinellas county. I get CC scan and Band Scan but no joy. Anyone have a codeplug I can look at to see to compare?
TIA

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
Oh and yes it's the P25 system I'm attempting to program....