Hillsborough County (EDACS and P25 32D.1E306)

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Turned on my G5 last night with the new antenna on County P25 and saw Tampa P25 back on the system at night. Can someone tell me if they are running 24/7 now on P25 and should I put in the other FD talk groups besides Dist. 1?
Thanks Ed

rickybobby4

I have a intermittent signal (2-3 bars, SDS100) in north Pinellas. Have seen a TG pop up from time to time, but typically don't pay much attention to this system yet.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I get 2 to 3 bars at night on Hillsborough County P25 but not every night and the signal is very good. Now on Pinellas P25 I get 1 to 3 bars both at night and daytime. I am on Siesta Key Intercostal side. When I am up in both Counties I get both signals very strong in mobile with stubby antenna from IS275 north. I have three G4's and G5's but waiting for P25 in Sarasota County sometime. The radios are great but they aren't scanners.

Ed

CanesFan95

Turned on my G5 last night with the new antenna on County P25 and saw Tampa P25 back on the system at night. Can someone tell me if they are running 24/7 now on P25 and should I put in the other FD talk groups besides Dist. 1?
Thanks Ed

You saw Tampa what? PD / FD ? What TGIDs did you see active? I'm running DSD+ right now and only see the usual few TGs and nothing new (Tampa Airport, TTPD, & Tampa parking).

CanesFan95

How good is the signal? I have never been able to get clear transmissions on the P25 system from Thonotosassa.

What scanner and antenna setup are you using and how many signal strength bars do you get? Most scanners don't decode simulcast worth beans. Thonotosassa is kinda far east and the east site has almost no activity on it.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
What scanner and antenna setup are you using and how many signal strength bars do you get? Most scanners don't decode simulcast worth beans. Thonotosassa is kinda far east and the east site has almost no activity on it.
Whistler TRX-1 with a telescoping antenna attached. I can get 4-5 bars every few seconds but then it drops to 1. It's very unstable. I can't even get Temple Terrace, which is fairly close by.

Speaking of the HC East P25 system, I am very sure that Plant City is now being simulcast on the system. Just tuned to the East system and out of nowhere saw talkgroup 11153.

CanesFan95

Interesting on Plant City, I'll have to monitor for that. There are no Whistler scanners that properly decode simulcast, so I doubt that scanner will work regardless of the signal strength. And I don't think it matters that the City Of Temple Terrace is close on the map. It's the system/tower sites you're trying to receive, so is there a tower site in Temple Terrace?

zlandmedia

not that florida man
I could have sworn awhile back it was stated that there was indeed a tower site in Temple Terrace.

And I agree. The SDS100 is looking pretty hot right now.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
The FD talk group I have entered on Thursday was 1457 but I am also using wild card. On Friday the signals were terrible but still readable but TFD wasn't on at night. I will check tonight (Saturday) and see if the signal improved. It's Harris I expect some problems but last night Pinellas P25 was perfect as usual.
Ed

kbrkr

Did Hillsborough Country East / Plant City Encrypt or something? My 436 has stopped receiving Plant City Police.... I'm running firmware 1.25

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Did Hillsborough Country East / Plant City Encrypt or something? My 436 has stopped receiving Plant City Police.... I'm running firmware 1.25
They are now on the Hillsborough County Project 25 East system. I verified this last night by listening on my TRX-1 to the P25 system alongside listening to their TGs on the EDACS system on my Pro-164. They only came in on the P25 system.

kbrkr

Hmm, I don't see that entry in the Sentinel Database. Are you monitoring the entire Hills P25 system?

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Yes I am, with a wildcard talkgroup added for instances like this. I suggest you do the same thing for your scanner so that it doesn't scan only stuff that's in the database.

I submitted the information to the database. The talkgroups to look out for are 11153 and 11154.

kbrkr

Not quite sure how to do a wild card talkgroup with my Uniden BCD436HP. I haven't had the need to even setup a talkgroup until now, so I'll have to finally learn how to do it.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Not quite sure how to do a wild card talkgroup with my Uniden BCD436HP. I haven't had the need to even setup a talkgroup until now, so I'll have to finally learn how to do it.
Check Sentinel again! The RR database submission I made last night went live this morning.

kbrkr

I've been checking Sentinel for the past two days and It keeps saying I have the latest database, but I still don' see the Plant city Talk Groups or even the Hillsborough County P25 Project Group. If I understand correctly, the new talk groups are in the EDACS system and not P25, is that correct? Have you been able to download your updates from Sentinel?

Your assistance is very much appreciated!!
Al