Hillsborough County (EDACS and P25 32D.1E306)

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
If someone could help me, I would appreciate it. So, I’m trying to figure out what radio to program. I have a XTS 7000 with phase 1 and phase 2 and a Harris P7200 with Edacs, Phase 1 and 2. If Hillsborough only uses P25, I’ll program the XTS, if it’s mixed or just Edacs, I’ll program the P7200. Let me know what you guys (girls) suggest, TIA

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Various agencies use either the EDACS and P25 systems in Hillsborough. Your best bet is to look at the database to determine what you want to monitor.

To give you a rundown though, since the EDACS DB still lists all agencies.

P25: Temple Terrace PD/FD, Plant City PD/FD, Tampa Parking Division, TPA PD, James A Haley Hospital coms, various interop groups
EDACS: Tampa PD/FD, HSCO/HCFR, USF PD, SDHC security, UT security/police, HCC Public Safety, various interops, HC parks, and some others

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
Various agencies use either the EDACS and P25 systems in Hillsborough. Your best bet is to look at the database to determine what you want to monitor.

To give you a rundown though, since the EDACS DB still lists all agencies.

P25: Temple Terrace PD/FD, Plant City PD/FD, Tampa Parking Division, TPA PD, James A Haley Hospital coms, various interop groups
EDACS: Tampa PD/FD, HSCO/HCFR, USF PD, SDHC security, UT security/police, HCC Public Safety, various interops, HC parks, and some others
Thanks! Looks like I will program up the Harris P7200 ( because of Edacs) instead of the Mot APX 7000!

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
we could use a DB submission to deprecate those agencies who are no longer on the EDACS system.

?

doug

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
Last edited:

mitbr

Reception hasn't been as great for the past couple months for sure. Lots of noise on my end and on the subscriber end as well. I was told some sites were taken offline for the P25 transition. This is a huge system and these things take time. I've heard most agencies would be migrated prior to Super Bowl and someone else said they were ahead of schedule and gave me a date which has come and gone. Keep in mind the Thonotosassa area runs off the east system so quite frankly, not being able to receive the west from there is not really a system issue, but a bummer nonetheless.
Guess that didn't happen keep updating us when you know more!
Tim :cool:

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the correct TG for Tampa FR on P25. I know the EDACS is 1457?
Thanks Ed

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Thanks,, I will keep in TG 1457 but add 11457 in the P25 in hope that someday they will go P25.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I was able to receive TFR on P25 TG 1457 in Sarasota tonight on G5 at 3 bars. Since 1457 is DEC does anyone know if the other talkgroups on Tac from DEC 1458 thru 1463 would work on P25?

pandel

Thanks,, I will keep in TG 1457 but add 11457 in the P25 in hope that someday they will go P25.
I'm curious, why is everyone so hot to go to P25? I have both conventional M/A Com, GRE, and SDS100 radios but in my humble opinion P25 sounds like $h!%. Am I missing something?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious, why is everyone so hot to go to P25? I have both conventional M/A Com, GRE, and SDS100 radios but in my humble opinion P25 sounds like $h!%. Am I missing something?
On the sds100 are you using any of the Filters?