Hillsborough County (EDACS and P25 32D.1E306)

CanesFan95

Supposedly, yes. They'll transition to the P25 system. Problem is, they've been transitioning for like 6-7 years now and still not done. Probably one of the worst, slowest transitions ever.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
After a ten+ year hiatus, I have rekindled my interest in monitoring various radio services so I am well out of date with respect to the many changes. I am going to be in Tampa next week for a night or two so was looking at what to monitor on my new SDS100. I noticed Hillsborough County has both an EDACS and P25 II systems. After comparing the available talkgroups can I assume the P25 II system is going to replace the EDACS system and is in a transition phase now?
It's been in a transition phase forever.

pandel

Sounds like the switch over is official. I've heard several announcements on 800 mhz telling deputies to switch over to the new channel.
If anyone has the information for the District 3 main channel and information channel it would be appreciated. It's the only one not listed on the database.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Sounds like the switch over is official. I've heard several announcements on 800 mhz telling deputies to switch over to the new channel.
If anyone has the information for the District 3 main channel and information channel it would be appreciated. It's the only one not listed on the database.
Add a 10 in front of the talkgroup from the EDACS system, so 10279 for Dispatch and 10281 for Info

zlandmedia

not that florida man
You should probably set your scanner to listen for wildcard/ID search as well that way you don't have to wait for a database update and/or having to manually enter them.

Also props to Doug for getting the database updated quickly today as well!

Petertherock

I am sure it’s a programming issue (operator error) but I’m not able to get anything on the P25 system. It seems I still get HCFR on the old system.

Petertherock

I am sure it’s a programming issue (operator error) but I’m not able to get anything on the P25 system. It seems I still get HCFR on the old system.

Looks like it’s not operator error, it’s my scanner is not capable of receiving Phase 2. At least I have a P2 capable scanner in my car. Just bought a handheld phase 2…I needed an upgrade on my handheld anyway.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
What scanner do you have? If it's not capable of receiving Phase II transmissions then this is why.

Also make sure you have all frequencies programmed in as well.

HCFR is still working off EDACS. HCSO is on P25.
Correct, as is Tampa FR/Tampa PD.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Whats the proposed timeline to bring the Fire Agencies onto the P25 ?
Not sure of the exact time but I know the biggest hurdle was getting SO on the system. Now that they are on, HCFR shouldnt be that far behind. Already seeing several XG's and XL's out in the field for FD, so the switchover should be any time.

mitbr

Not sure of the exact time but I know the biggest hurdle was getting SO on the system. Now that they are on, HCFR shouldnt be that far behind. Already seeing several XG's and XL's out in the field for FD, so the switchover should be any time.
I already have all the talkgroups programmed in my Unication . 10 in front of the edacs talkgroup hope it turns out to be right LOL.
Tim :cool:

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
I already have all the talkgroups programmed in my Unication . 10 in front of the edacs talkgroup hope it turns out to be right LOL.
Tim :cool:
Pretty much the case for most talkgroups.

pandel

It seems that HCSO was back on 800 this morning when I checked. Don't know what happened to
700 but I do know it sounds SOOO much better!