Hillsborough County (EDACS and P25 32D.1E306)

pandel

Personally, I hope they stay on 800. I'll just reprogram my SDS100.
I don't understand why everyone is so excited about digital???? I think analog sounds MUCH better than P25, and is far less fatiguing to listen to.

mitbr

Personally, I hope they stay on 800. I'll just reprogram my SDS100.
I don't understand why everyone is so excited about digital???? I think analog sounds MUCH better than P25, and is far less fatiguing to listen to.
They will be switching EOL for Edacs...the reason I want them to switch is at my location my Uncations allow me to hear them in my home with no external antenna.
I do agree that the analogue sounds great though!
Tim :cool:

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
The man in charge, retires next year. We will see what happens in the coming months.

CanesFan95

Digital anything always sounds like dog crap. Who knows how many deputies and radio techs have already retired while this insanely stupid long upgrade drags on.

CanesFan95

"He was instrumental in the development and implementation of the the county-wide 700/800 MHz trunked radio communications systems utilized by the Sheriff's Office and all other public-safety agencies in the county."

zlandmedia

not that florida man
They either flipped the switch again or are testing things because my calls feed picked up some traffic a few minutes ago from D1 and D3 on the P25 system.

EDIT: It's testing.

mitbr

They either flipped the switch again or are testing things because my calls feed picked up some traffic a few minutes ago from D1 and D3 on the P25 system.

EDIT: It's testing.
That's so funny I was just about to report that!Audio and mic checks.
Tim :cool: