Hillsborough County (EDACS and P25 32D.1E306)

zlandmedia

not that florida man
I wonder which other agenices are ready for the switch. I'm pretty sure Tampa PD is on the "to be switched" list because I saw a uniformed off-duty officer at my job the other week and she had what appeared to be a newer-looking L3Harris speaker mic on her vest.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
I wonder which other agenices are ready for the switch. I'm pretty sure Tampa PD is on the "to be switched" list because I saw a uniformed off-duty officer at my job the other week and she had what appeared to be a newer-looking L3Harris speaker mic on her vest.
Most are running the XL200s now. I have seen maybe 1 or 2 officers still lugging around p7200s, whether they are enabled for phase 2 or not, I am unsure. I would assume FD will be switching very soon. They have the equipment.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if they were having audio problems which prompted them to switch back to edacs.

jdebona

A lot more testing again today with mic between 3 and 18 inches away. I assume we will see them switch over on Sat morning again.

jdebona

Does anyone know the purpose of the "40" site on the P25 system? There doesn't seem to be an equivalent on the EDACS system, and it only has a couple frequencies.
I don't believe I have ever caught any traffic on it, and I use to keep it locked out, but I'm wondering if I miss anything by doing that. Thanks.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I want to say that 40 was active during the "peaceful protests" (riots) a while back. Don't think it sees regular use.

CanesFan95

^ Is that whole post a quote?

Anyone know what "Aircraft Site" means? Like only police choppers or something use that site?