Hillsborough County (EDACS and P25 32D.1E306)

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
The Inter Radio Frequency (RF) Subsystem Interface (ISSI) provides a standards-based Internet Protocol (IP)- based connection between two or more ISSI-capable Project 25 (P25) networks to form a “system of systems.”

If I understand correctly A Patch

Likely an ISSI/interop channel. Those exist on P25.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
More testing being done on D-1. I surely hope the audio is a recording and not some poor guy having to repeat the same thing every 10 seconds.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
I took a trip over to Tampa on Monday Afternoon I was Receiving nothing on the P-25 East System. but later while in Temple Terrace I was only able to pick up TT PD on p-25 West
Physically looking at the CC channel on the Scanner it showed no TG's were talking on the East System.
TTPD was understandable but not clear

( FYI When monitoring the East Side I was less than a mile from the PC Tower then drove to Temple Terrace & was parked for about 30 mins
about 1.5 miles from that Tower )

Also for some strange reason, I was only able to get 3 or 4 channels on the Edac system. the CC showed the Fd & SO were transmitting but I wasn't hearing them.
As far as I know, I haven't changed anything in my scanner.
I've never had a problem picking anything up on the Edac system before.
I'm going to go through & double check the systems to make sure nothing has changed in my scanner

More testing being done on D-1. I surely hope the audio is a recording and not some poor guy having to repeat the same thing every 10 seconds.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
What scanner do you have? HC P25 is a simulcast system so if you don't have an SDS or a Unication then you'll miss transmissions or not get them period.

352 P 2

not usually if you are near the tower.
scanners have problems with simul trying to figure out which tower to hear that's what I've been told. also, I have always got plenty of traffic on analog.
on the p- 25 I was watching the CC channel part of the time & scanning some of the time

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
Just listening right now on my Harris p7300 to a radio test on Hillsborough P25 phase 2 TDMA HCSO D1 ..repeating over and over, “radio maintenance, radio test, 1,2,3,4,5 then 5,4,3,2,1, radio maintenance, radio test”..definitely testing..stay tuned.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
352 P 2

not usually if you are near the tower.
scanners have problems with simul trying to figure out which tower to hear that's what I've been told. also, I have always got plenty of traffic on analog.
on the p- 25 I was watching the CC channel part of the time & scanning some of the time
you won't hear much traffic with that scanner unless you are right up near the tower, and usually at best you would just hear the agency closest to that tower

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
I was only 3/4 mile from the plant city tower & about a mile from the Temple Terrace Tower lessening to Hills P-25

Lakeland is TDMA & I'm about 1 1/2 miles from the parker site and I get everything off that tower once in a while it will pick up a TG off of the other tower

Polk is running a 10 tower simulcast system & the central Lakeland site is on the city tower & I get all the TG's even Hardee & Highland's county TG's. once in a while I hear Desoto county TG's all from the 1 tower on parker St.

you won't hear much traffic with that scanner unless you are right up near the tower, and usually at best you would just hear the agency closest to that tower

zlandmedia

not that florida man
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ maybe the Lakeland and Polk County systems are different than Hillsborough's that you can somehow get them fine. Simulcast is a complete ***** with ours, and I used to always complain about lack of transmissions in my earlier days of SDR scanning and using a TRX-1.

I'm telling ya, if you had an SDS100 or SDS200, you would be able to hear everything clearly on our system.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Airport tgs, parking, pcfd, pcpd, ttfd, ttpd, all hosp, and other tgs are working just fine on their respected sites on my end.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
It's the same recording they have used on and off for the tests since changing it after the second trial of the P25 system actually being used.
Figured as much. I remember when it started up. Whenever I'm out and about I'll switch to D1 and see what the coverage is like. Sofar so good throughout pinellas, Hillsborough, and polk. Okay in southern pasco and Northern manatee.

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
Any news on whether HCSO has fully made the switch over to the new P25 system yet? TIA