Hillsborough County EDACS Talkgroups not in RR Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
For the past couple of weeks, I have been monitoring the Hillsborough County EDACS system and have seen a bunch of talkgroups appear that are not listed in the database. Most of those are ProVoice talkgroups too, but some are analog.

Here are ones that I can think of that are not listed on the database:

306 - ?
308 - ?
311 - ?
312 - ?
485 - ?
495 - ?
1105 - Hillsborough Community College Public Safety (I can confirm this); submitted to the database queue
1121 - ?
1160 - ?
1291 - ?
1412 - ?

Does anybody else here know what some of these talkgroups are? I have a log of other talkgroups in my Unitrunker logs, but those are ones I see frequently popping up.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody else here know what some of these talkgroups are? I have a log of other talkgroups in my Unitrunker logs, but those are ones I see frequently popping up.

Sometimes it can take years to get the TalkGroups to be correct for the Alpha Tag. My area I have alot of them but no active talk on them.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
For the past couple of weeks, I have been monitoring the Hillsborough County EDACS system and have seen a bunch of talkgroups appear that are not listed in the database. Most of those are ProVoice talkgroups too, but some are analog.

Here are ones that I can think of that are not listed on the database:

306 - ?
308 - ?
311 - ?
312 - ?
485 - ?
495 - ?
1105 - Hillsborough Community College Public Safety (I can confirm this); submitted to the database queue
1121 - ?
1160 - ?
1291 - ?
1412 - ?

1105 - HCC West (Dale Mabry/Ybor)
1121 - HCC East (Brandon/South Shore)

The rest, when you ID them, use discretion. I'm surprised some of them aren't encrypted but they probably will be when migrated to P25.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I said "probably." Hillsborough and Tampa has been using Provoice as psuedo-encryption. This is the prime reason many non-dispatch law enforcement channels were made Provoice and not analog. When the system was designed, Provoice originally kept nearly everyone out.

My main goal is to prolong what we're able to listen to and not end up like other parts of the state. And sometimes that means discretion with submitting data and discussing some of the activity on Provoice channels. I've had conversations with both agencies and worked for one.

I didn't intend on this thread wandering. I've spoken my peace. Discretion.

Last edited:

Ranger0034

Yes, I have to agree with Ryan, we have to keep to ourselves what we know, even though it IS very tempting to want to share publicly what we have learned with others, it will only hurt ourselves and our hobby.
I have compiled quite a list of unidentified/unlisted talk groups for both Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
Through careful listening, picking up certain keywords, you can generally "guess" what T/G belongs to whom.
As a great fictional detective once said, "Logical reasoning, plus imagination, will equal the truth"
So, as Ryan mentioned to me, we don't want to give public safety agencies any more ammunition to encrypt channels than they already have now.
But, the argument now is that agencies are no longer saying it's for officer safety, BUT for public privacy.
Have a good day !
Paul

zlandmedia

not that florida man
I guess I see now where you guys are coming from. I didn't even think about the fact of agencies encrypting because of our databases here when I made this thread, oops!

Status
Not open for further replies.