Hillsborough County P25 east tower questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbr

Can someone tell me the exact control channel for the east tower for this system or if it even exists. The Fcc site license as listed on RR is void. Does an east tower exist? I am using a Unication G5 and the west tower comes in loud and clear. If the east tower exists, what is the correct data to enter into the G5 is the data on RR correct? I have entered all the info from RR for the east tower and hear nothing no data sig at all.
Tim

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
The freqs listed in the db are correct. The license is not.

771.30625 and 771.75625 have been cc's in the past. Haven't paid attention to what it's been recently. The NAC is 00A.

Edit: CC is currently 771.30625. Picking it up from north side of Clearwater on an SDS100 with the RS 800MHz antenna (W-Inv filter).

Last edited:

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
The east vs west systems (I want to say there are 15 or more simulcast sites and a few receive only sites, been a while since I talked to any of the maintainers).......coverage does not bleed over significantly into the opposing side. What general location are you looking to hear the East Side from? TT

mitbr

The freqs listed in the db are correct. The license is not.

771.30625 and 771.75625 have been cc's in the past. Haven't paid attention to what it's been recently. The NAC is 00A.

Edit: CC is currently 771.30625. Picking it up from north side of Clearwater on an SDS100 with the RS 800MHz antenna (W-Inv filter).

Thanks Bolt!!

mitbr

The east vs west systems (I want to say there are 15 or more simulcast sites and a few receive only sites, been a while since I talked to any of the maintainers).......coverage does not bleed over significantly into the opposing side. What general location are you looking to hear the East Side from? TT
I am located in Dunedin and use a 32 element 800 mhz yagi. I can pick up the west site on my Unication without the yagi. I put the G5 on the yagi and still cant hear the east site?? I wonder if I have the G5 programed wrong is the
System ID WACN
32D 1E306
1 (1) RFSS002 (2)Site
correct??
Tim

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Don't know, don't have one. I assumed that you need to plug it in somewhere. Hopefully someone else knows the answer.

mitbr

Ok guys I have got it working sig full scale now. I fixed it by putting the site id number as FF in stead of site 2. It now shows that the site number should be 1 the data on RR is not correct!!
Thanks for your help!! Dont even need the yagi!
Ok now I am really confused I have none of the freqs for the west system in the east system however I am hearing all the west system talkgroups. I wonder if both the east and west system are all one hmmmm...
Tim

Last edited:

mitbr

That was interesting placing FF in the site in the G5 and it locked onto the site 1 data freq even though it was not programed in the pager interesting?? The saga continues....

mitbr

Ok finally have it working correctly. For anyone programing their G5 Unication the RFSS must be 2 and the site must be 2.Now full scale using yagi and 1 to 2 on stubby ant. Thanks again Bolt letting me know the current data channel helped me fix the problem. The RFSS should be 2 not 1 as listed on RR.
P.S. Anyone using their Unication to find RFSS place FF in the field the radio will find the correct RFSS.
Tim

Last edited:

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. I was able to lock on to the East on my G4 and G5 here in Sarasota.

Status
Not open for further replies.