Hillsborough County Public Safety (EDACS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nulll

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone monitor the Hillsborough County Public Safety (EDACS)? If so, what is the west system control frequency. I'm able to monitor the east system with control on 851.700. However even after importing the RR databases I'm not seeing the west system. I've gone through all the listed frequencies in the west system table and non are control. Thanks.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
The control channel as of 3pm is LCN-05 853.71250, but control channels are subject to change.

Where are you located? What antenna setup do you have?

nulll

Premium Subscriber
The control channel as of 3pm is LCN-05 853.71250, but control channels are subject to change.

Where are you located? What antenna setup do you have?
I'm in Riverview. D3000N Super Discone at 25ft. Using SDRs and Unitrunker.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Riverview is only 5-10 miles or so of three towers on the east site. Your setup may be "overkill" and the east site traffic is coming in so strong that it's overloading the scanner and interfering with weaker signals coming from the west site. I know one of the SLERS towers is near Riverview. You may also have cell towers in the vicinity. You also have the television/radio farm in Riverview that will cause interference, even though it's not on the 800mhz band.

If you had a yagi, you could try pointing it towards downtown Tampa as that's the closest tower that carries the west site traffic. You also might want to try experimenting with your scanner's attenuator function or use an external attenuator or even a band pass filter, depending on the source of any possible interference.

Sometimes having a really decent antenna setup is overkill. I do installations in various cities and sometimes, a rubber duck in the building out performs a discone or yagi on the roof unless I introduce band pass filters or attenuator to the setup. Just wait until everything is on the P25 simulcast system. THAT will be a challenge to receive for many people.

nulll

Premium Subscriber
Downgraded to my small mag mount antenna that came with the RTL2832U. Checked and I guess the EAST system control channel moved to 852.470. I changed the control channel and the system is discovered as "Adhoc" and i'm no longer seeing a freq with the call nor an is the second radio tuning it. I'm still new to Unitrunker so i'm sure i'm doing something incorrect.

Pasteboard — Uploaded Image
Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

Status
Not open for further replies.