Hillsborough County Sheriff EDACS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
It really is starting to look like I have something wrong with my scanner. Spoke with a guy who actually programs them as a side gig, so after talking with him today, I will be trying a third way to import and if that doesn't work, I will let him take a look at it next week.

Thanks again to you guys for helping me along the way... When I spoke with this guy today, he commented on how knowledgeable I sounded and I assured him it was thanks to everyone here on the forum and much trial and error on my part :)

lindsay34654

This site HCSO has been re-banded many times. You need to learn from scratch, Delete the whole HCSO Program and enter it in manually, another words do not use soft ware to do this. Use the Radio Reference Web site to do this, If you do not know how LEARN it is not hard. With in the last 3 weeks HCSO has re-banded a couple of times. If you are going to count of RS personal to program it for you then you are messed up they are lucky they can find their way to work. I re-program mine (manually) in about 2 to 3 hours. with everything I need. You want to play with the big boys toys learn how to use them. All other buy HP-1. I do not see what type of radio you are attempting to program that could be your main issue. You do not give enough info

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Still trying

Well Bolt gave me an idea. I have now programmed it 1) manually, 2) with Arc300, 3) PSREdit, and last night with Win97. Yes, while I have been programming it in and making sure the bank said EDACS, I thought I would try to change the bank manually to something else and then back to EDACS to see if that helped. I locked on a channel that happened to have some unintelligible chatter, and as I changed from ED to AM, the signal got a lot stronger and clearer and I could understand the transmission. Plus, on EDACS, there was no alpha tag showing, but on AM, there was... which again makes me think something is wonky with the scanner. I have put my screens below... the first is the screen in EDACS mode, the second is the AM mode and the third is one of the TGID's. Even though I programmed it for DEC, it came through as AFS, so I may try to change that today and see what happens. While I can hear the frequencies using AM, I can't get the TGID's no matter whether my screen says ED or AM.

Lindsay, it's a Pro164 I am programming.

I am handing it over to someone who does this as a side gig hopefully tomorrow or the next day, so we'll see what his assessment is. The good news - depending on how you look at it - is that I ordered a new Bearcat 346XT scanner which should arrive in a few days. I think I have the basics down enough that I won't be asking for help of any kind ;-)

Attachments

• screens.jpg
    screens.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 211

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Hellzabeth, keep in mind that you should be testing your settings by monitoring the west site/system. Aren't you over by TIA? Trying to listen to a site that covers the other side of the county won't always yield the best results.

Last edited:

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bolt... I usually only tune into the West, but I just happened to take pics of the East, so that's what I posted. Sitting here with my new Bearcat now about to start with it. I gave my Pro-164 over to the guy who's gonna see what's wrong with it and he let me borrow an older version of it that I've been using in the meantime.

Have a good New Years folks!

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

That's kind of what I thought (after I made that post). Hopefully you'll be up and running soon.

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Yey...success...with a Bearcat

Alright....I AM up and running... and shots fired and everything.... very busy in Tampa right now.

Hope the men and women in blue stay safe!

Still have some learning to do with the Bearcat, but at least the demo software got me up and listening to HCSO west and TPD for the moment.

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
A derogatory one, yes.

LOL. Luckily I don't live in the bad section(s). I'll stick to hearing about them on the news and my scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.