Hillsborough FR/EMS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Frequently, when a Rescue/EMS unit announces their availibility, they'll also state "AM99, T01." Any of you EMS guys know what this means? I've also heard "AM73" but didn't catch the last part (the Txx part). However, it's almost always the "AM99, T01."

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
jrmarlowe said:
Frequently, when a Rescue/EMS unit announces their availibility, they'll also state "AM99, T01." Any of you EMS guys know what this means? I've also heard "AM73" but didn't catch the last part (the Txx part). However, it's almost always the "AM99, T01."
I know in this county, they say something like "EMD1, A01" which means the type of call it was once they got on-scene, and what type of patient it was (adult, pediatric) and if they were canceled or not. It's something to do with the CAD system.

Sounds like the same type of thing in your area, they are going available and clearing the last call in the CAD.

whooey

UFEMTFF said:
I know in this county, they say something like "EMD1, A01" which means the type of call it was once they got on-scene, and what type of patient it was (adult, pediatric) and if they were canceled or not. It's something to do with the CAD system.

Sounds like the same type of thing in your area, they are going available and clearing the last call in the CAD.
Can you break down what it means for ACFR in Alachua Co.?

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
whooey said:
Can you break down what it means for ACFR in Alachua Co.?
I'll have to jump in one of the rescues next time I see them, because I know they keep a "cheat sheet" on the sun flap over the drivers side, so he can read it when he gets out of the truck.

I do know that the first part they say EMD#. That gives the CAD the type of call the actually found once they got on scene (since sometimes the dispatch is completely different). The numbers go up to at least 33 and stand for things like Chest Pain, Abdominal Pain, etc. I think one of them means "other" because I've heard something like "EMD99 toe pain" over the radio.

The second part just describes the patient with a letter and a number. The letter is either A, P, or C which stand for Adult, Pediatric or Canceled. The number following I believe stands for ALS, BLS or (in the case of cancelations) how they were canceled (canceled by fire crew, by dispatch, waiver obtained, etc.).

Also forgot to mention, they give the ending mileage as well.

If I can get some more details I'll post them. Hope that helps a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.