Hillsborough PD P-25 Phase II TDMA talkgroup on BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnjl

I spent some time up in the Montgomery/Skillman area yesterday so I programmed the systems in that area into my BCD436HP. I didn't have a ton of time to scan, but from what I noticed the scanner did a solid job on the system. The new 700 MHz. system seemed to have better copy than the new UHF system, which suffered from some simulcast issues. To my surprise, however, I am able to receive the Somerset 700 system from my home down here in Florence (Burlington Co.). This is mainly only on the 2nd floor, but just simply with the RS 800 MHz. whip antenna. I'd have to be at least 20 miles from the closest simulcast site, which might as well be an eternity with some systems these days. I've always been able to hear the analog Somerset 500 system down here, but it's spotty due to some frequencies on the system being overtaken by digital transmissions from local Bucks/Burlington frequencies.

I made a crappy YouTube video I recorded this morning on my 436 of exclusively the Hillsborough PD Phase II TDMA talkgroup. The copy overall I thought was pretty decent, some dips but no complete dropouts and not much of the crackling that I and others have observed on other TDMA systems such as Camden Co. and the Newark TGs on NJICS. Link: Hillsborough NJ PD - Somerset County 700 MHz Phase II TDMA - YouTube

Monoxide16

wow this sucks a 500 $ scanner and it can't pick it up wow just wow alrighty and thank u for the info think I'm gonna have to get one of those soon lol since the pro 106 probly won't be able to scan anything soon lol and saw your utube video that new system sounds pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.