Hillsbvorough Co. P 25 system showing signs of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Last week I picked up talk group 1032 which after monitoring am 99% sure is Temple Terrace PD Dispatch. I submitted this to the database and continue to listen for more.Just a heads up for those of you are interested out there. Regards, TT.

abbadabbado

hills p25

do you think they will go total black out when up a full time operation i hope not i recieve them full metal jacket in west central pasco with 996t. of course with an outside ant set up new pinellas system comes in full jacket also what is not encripted why would any gov encript a county bus service they provide the best traffic reports around pasco

kayleesdad

thanks for the heads up on 1032. have to work on reception on the hills p25 site from over here in pinellas. the pinellas p25 site 12 is running without coms this evening, looks like site 12 was deleted from the pinellas p25 rr data base.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
TTFD is on there as well, using the same talkgroup ID as on the EDACS system (in decimal).

thanks for the heads up on 1032. have to work on reception on the hills p25 site from over here in pinellas. the pinellas p25 site 12 is running without coms this evening, looks like site 12 was deleted from the pinellas p25 rr data base.

Site 12 was removed when it was no longer in service. No Voice TG were on site 12, which was a 700mhz zone. The 700mhz is only for HPD for Pinellas (as per a Moto installer working on the system) . BTW this should have its on Forum now in Hillsborough LOL

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
TTPD sounded great but TTFD & Radio Techs sounded garbled when the technicians were working on the radios and system also the signal from my local tower for them was all over the place.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Also, TTPD is still using the HC EDAC's system as well for the time being while I guess the radio technicians getting the P25 up and running.

tampatracker

Found TG ID 715, however after listening for awhile I was still unable to id the agency but it is definitely law enforcement Just a heads up, TT

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know the time frame for all of Hillsborough Co to go P-25. If they are going to set up more towers so Temple Terrace PD has a wider coverage area. Any info would be helpful. I live in Brandon I can't receive the P-25 system at my location but can receive the east and west EDACS system here in Brandon. Is the P-25 system planned to go encrypted or not? Thanks

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Anybody know the time frame for all of Hillsborough Co to go P-25. If they are going to set up more towers so Temple Terrace PD has a wider coverage area. Any info would be helpful. I live in Brandon I can't receive the P-25 system at my location but can receive the east and west EDACS system here in Brandon. Is the P-25 system planned to go encrypted or not? Thanks

I live in Valrico and I use a Comet DS-150 discone antenna in the attic and can pick up Temple Terrace with no problems what's so ever I recommend if not already check in to a discone antenna for your scanner so you can be able to pick up TT police/ems/fire and etc.

Keep in mind Analog FM you will always will be able to pick up the Analog FM/NFM signal coming from a repeater system. When it comes to digital it always searches for a digital signal. You'll have to be close or have a great antenna that is high enough to have a chance to pick up a digital system.

- Jamie

nasa806

Premium Subscriber
CC

I am not able to pick up a CC for the P25 system. Has something changed? I am using a 996XT and i am located in central Tampa.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I don't get the CC either from near TIA.

When Temple Terrace was using it the reception was great. Perhaps after Temple Terrace went back to EDACS they shut the P25 system down.

It appears that the P25 system is still ways off. I see plenty of subscriber portables in use that don't support P25 voice or 700mhz.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
It's still on and active, if you want to call it that. TTFD is the only user that I've heard in quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.