Hinds County

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
None of my contacts have mentioned anything yet. I would be curious as to why they would sue Motorola, as from all my contacts have said that the system is performing nearly flawlessly? Money issues? Upgrade issues?

Are we sure we're not confusing this with the Board's uprising over Madison County's alleged poaching of Hinds County's radio system?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Now thats the funny part.. Accusing MC of poaching though the merger of all 3 systems was approved by MWCC, and other administrative agencies. So now I guess HC wants to go power hungry and reclaim control of the system? Hmm multijurisdictional power fight never fun.. ??? So this could be again split into multiple systems if it goes bad... Good thing MSWIN is up there now eh?

I've been privileged to observe Jackson/Hinds government for a number of years. You, also, may already know that the HC Board routinely thinks absolutely nothing of throwing all logic to the winds and will do virtually ANYTHING!

bobsmr

Hinds County, Ms v. "Big M"

Check the United States Federal Court-Southern District docket for case # 3:2009cv00144. There appears to be a gag order or something as you can get very little information. Very similar to the gag order "Big M" got on the release of their bid award for the Mississippi statewide radio system. I never heard of someone getting a public bid and then getting the whole project classified as secret. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.