• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HiTECH aftermarket battery - Yeasu, Motorola, Vertex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

Does anyone have any remarks or experiences with these batteries from the HiTECH brand? I see that this brand uses Japanese cells and has a higher mah compared to its OEM counterparts. I'm just hoping they're not a Chinese knockoff battery that has all these claims but are usually false advertising.

Your thoughts are really appreciated, thanks.

ergbert

I haven’t gotten any yet, but I’m getting ready to snag a few for my Tait and Vertex radios. I’ll be sure to check back in once I have them in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny37

I haven’t gotten any yet, but I’m getting ready to snag a few for my Tait and Vertex radios. I’ll be sure to check back in once I have them in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I think I'm going to go ahead and get one for my vertex radio. I'll report back when I get get it as well.

I'm curious if this HiTECH battery brand is affiliated or the same with the HiTECH wireless brand that sells oem and aftermarket accessories for icom, vertex, Motorola radios etc.

Danny37

Just wanted to update you guys so I went ahead and bought one for vertex vx-824. It was the 2600mah battery. First off, it looks identical to the vertex oem 2000mah that costs 3x the cost. It does feel slightly heavier compared to the oem but barely noticeable. So I ran 3 tests with the battery save option turned off. I have the backlight set up to turn on whenever I press a key, which is often since I change channels often. The transmit output is at high power (5 watts)

1. Receiving only, no transmitting. The battery lasted nearly 22 hours.

2. Light transmitting activity. The battery lasted alittle over 18 hours.

3. Moderate/Heavy transmitting activity. The battery lasted nearly 15 hours.

I've only had the battery for a week but I'm very impressed. I don't need to carry a spare battery anymore which is a plus but I probably will anyway. But if I happen to forget my spare, then I can be at peace knowing that the battery will last me for a typical 8-12 hour shift if it's fully charged beforehand. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I have a Bluetooth adapter attached to the radio that draws power from the battery. Pryme advised me that the adapter uses about 20mah of power an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.