hiya...? for ya guys/gals

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyc_tbird_sc

Hey guys...thought I'd say hi. I've had a Yaesu VX-170 for a while now, and have finally had the chance to start learning how to use it. Also gonna head for my license here this week, I've already got my aeronautical restricted license as I'm working out here at Calgary international airport.

Question though....are there any hand held VHF radios that will rx and tx in both the air and 2m bands? I love being able to carry my 2m around, but to be able to use the air band while I'm at work would be even better. No way to modify the VX-170 to do this huh?

Thanks.

electricsheep

yyc_tbird_sc said:
Hey guys...thought I'd say hi. I've had a Yaesu VX-170 for a while now, and have finally had the chance to start learning how to use it. Also gonna head for my license here this week, I've already got my aeronautical restricted license as I'm working out here at Calgary international airport.

Question though....are there any hand held VHF radios that will rx and tx in both the air and 2m bands? I love being able to carry my 2m around, but to be able to use the air band while I'm at work would be even better. No way to modify the VX-170 to do this huh?

Thanks.

I own a 170 also, and as far as I know, there is no way to mod the 170 to transmit in the air bands. I think the lowest you can open it up is 138mhz and in FM only.

yyc_tbird_sc

Now that you say "in FM only"....it kind of gets me thinking. I forgot about air being am transmissions. I've already done the resistor mod...as far as I'm aware, I can transmit on down to around 138. Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.