• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HMN 1035c mic disassembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9wkj

how do these come apart?
no screws at all
cable comes off and the rest is one glued together thing?

got one that needs a thorough scrubbing and im stuck on how :confused:

x480-2234.Jpg

arlo

Premium Subscriber
Some people say to put the mic in a vise and squeeze until it pops apart. Reglue to close.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
It's a sealed microphone. Either pop it open and glue it back together or spend the $40-$50 on a new one. If it's the modular jack version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N4KVE

Can't you clean the outside of the mike without taking it apart? While the article was informative, these mikes are always going for $5 at local hamfests. I'm looking at 2 mint ones that I'd give to you for free if you were local.

jim202

I have always used a stiff toothbrush and some alcohol to clean the mics I have. Then use a damp rag or paper towel to clean up whats left. Even my 5 year old grand child can do it.

cmdrwill

Use mild dish soap. These mics can be damaged by too much washing, they are NOT sealed..

k9wkj

all cleaned up
just used mild soap and hot water and toothy brush
not as good as new, but not afraid to hold next to my face!

now if i could find someone to talk too on 6m FM :roll:

i have 2 lowband maratracs this maxtrac (now 32 channel) and another coming!

Oliner67

Premium Subscriber
On this note, I have one of these mics, which I use on an old mobile Radius. It's from the generation of radios where you had to jump the connection on the back of the mic to keep the monitor mode from turning on.

The person who sold me the mic had jumped the connection from somewhere internal, but the wire has since broken off.

Does anyone know how this is done? Permanently jumping the connection? I've tried wrapping copper wire around the mic clip but it did not work.

N4KVE

Inside the mike is a wire that connects to the inside of the hang up clip. When you open the mike, & remove the wire from the hang up clip, ground it to the circuit board. This will enable PL decode full time, which in my case, for ham radio use is fine. Of course, if you are using this mike on a community repeater, with many users all using different PL tones, do not modify the mike.

Oliner67

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply.

It's not for ham use, it's a radio in use where I work part time. Its not on any community repeater frequencies (or on any repeater). Old equipment that occassionally has issues.

So I guess the best method is the freezer trick?

Last edited:

Oliner67

Premium Subscriber
Any chance of crossing two of the wires on the end of the mic cable to do the same effect? (Where it meets the radio?)

Oliner67

Premium Subscriber
Thank you to everyone who replied, I much appreciate the help. Will update on how it goes. I prefer not to open the mic if I don't have to.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
So I believe this is the correct diagram.

http://batlabs.com/images/maxrad.gif

If I understand correctly, I have to connect 13 (hook) to 10 (ground). Blk/red to yellow.
I'm not sure why you would want to work on the logic board end. It's much easier just to jumper 3 and 4 at the mic connector. The logic board is inside the radio.

If you don't have any experience or the tools for working on RJ-45 connectors, you'll need to find someone who does. Or buy some parts and build an inline adapter.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help, time to get on YouTube for some tutorials.

Is there any easy way to jump the jack?
The easiest way, if you have the tools, is to chop off the RJ-45 and install a new one with the jumper wired in.

Failing that, you'd have to chop into the mic cable and expose the two wires, strip them, jumper them, insulate, and then close it up. No matter how neatly done, it would still be a kludge and likely cause issues later.

Or, build an adapter. All the pieces are available at Home Depot or Lowes. All you need is an RJ-45 surface mount wall jack, and a shorty Cat-5 cable. Chop the cable, wire it to the jack with the jumper added. Plug your mic into the jack and the cable into the radio. No surgery on the mic required.

Status
Not open for further replies.