HOA 2 meter attic antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Looking for some ideas on an attic antenna for 2 meter and also some HF work. ( HOA restricted) Have some room to move around in the attic of a single story 2400 sg ft home. For HF, not sure if I can come up with something in a long wire dipole or what, If someone has some ideas or tips, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

Norm
KD7ETF

autovon

Ø
For 2M, a groundplane will work well. As far as HF, googling HF attic antenna brings up a ton of good material. There probably isn't one right answer as there are many variables.

KF5YDR

Are you allowed to put up a flagpole? The flagpole vertical is a classic way around HOA antenna restrictions.

SCPD

QRT
Are you allowed to put up a flagpole? The flagpole vertical is a classic way around HOA antenna restrictions.
Yes I can put up a flagpole. Do you have any info on flag pole antennas? Manufacturers, bands, etc

Thanks

khooke

I'm CC&R limited too so have a fan dipole for 20/15/10m and I just put up a 1/4 ground plane for 2m made from copper wire sitting on top of a length of pvc pipe, all in my attic. I don't have anything else outside to make an A/B comparison, but all work 'ok' - I'm just 7 States short of WAS so far in my first year of operating and have about 20 entities for DXCC so far. On 2m I can hit all the local repeaters fine with 5 to 15w, and 50w gets me to the nearest DSTAR repeater 50 miles away (15w almost makes it but I get some data loss and r2d2'ing)

Status
Not open for further replies.