Hobart on lake county public safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Am_Infinite

I've listened alot to the lake county system, I've heard everyone on there except Whiting and Hobart. I know Griffith, highland, Munster are on a talkgroup, and lowell, dyer, st john, and others seems have there own talkgroups, like Hammond, Gary, etc but I have yet to hear Whiting and Hobart which I figured would use there own talk groups like gary, Hammond etc.

Its weird cause I know Hobart was busy a while back before this trunk system on 155.745 but like I said I have not heard them at all since I got this sds200, I even thought I might have avoided it but checked and I didnt, so I don't know, are they dispatched by county, or along with Munster, I'd appreciate any feedback on this, thanks

I_Am_Infinite

I've still yet to hear Whiting or Hobart on the Lake County Public Safety system. Does anyone in this NWI area monitor Hobart or just have more experience listening to this system to know if Hobart and Whiting might be dispatched thru a multi dispatch talkgroup like Lowell, St John, Dyer and or Highland, Munster, Griffith or are they are there own or maybe on Merrillville, since that's close to Hobart?

I'd really like to hear Hobart and to lesser extent Whiting but have yet to hear anything from either. So that's what I'm trying figure out which talk group are the PD dispatched on? Please any answers to this would be greatly appreciated, thank.

I_Am_Infinite

Not sure if you have the local TG's for SAFE-T plugged in but I'd check those out along with the County system.
I also have the Lake County Simulcast the Safe-T site and I've only heard Schererville and Cedar Lake on there not Hobart.. I know they should be on one of them, either Lake County Public Safety or Lake County Simulcast Safe-T site and heard nothing yet, unless maybe they didn't switch and are on the VHF still 155.745.. I haven't monitored VHF or analog, I got a scanner I use specifically for that but I need to make or buy a little jumper cable to get it scanning again.

Its been a while since I monitored lake county so I'm new to hearing it on the Lake County Public Safety, so only been listening since I got this sds 200, maybe 2 or 3 weeks now and yet to hear Whiting or Hobart, so was wondering if someone close that has been listening to this system for a while might know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.