Hobart VHF Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsceno

Afternoon all...

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get up to the house since the last new batch of VHF frequencies up that way. Figured I'd reach out to people on here...

Is the Hobart VHF (159.3825) strictly Hobart ops or does it actually simulcast 46.06??

Thanks in advance for any help!

SMFD34

I have only heard them a few times, but based on my monitoring it is just an operations channel. It also seems to be used as a chit-chat channel at times. Comms seem to be very informal.

onsceno

While I have you (and others)... have we heard of any of the other VHF fire freq's up that way simulcasting 46.06 yet???

SMFD34

Delaware XB

I have heard Walton (159.1725) once simulcasting 46.06, It was heard while in the Oneonta area and only once. I have not heard any other traffic on that channel before or since then (i think it was '06 or '07).

If I remember correctly I have heard Andes (155.0175) at least once simulcasting also.

The other frequencies I have not directly monitored but I suspect may be used as mobile extenders would be 154.04 and 156.00. I believe that GG has an extender in the ambulance that I have not monitored yet but I have seen the VHF portable in the rig.

Stamford has the ability to XB on at least one of their simplex channels for scene ops but I think its low powered and used rarely.

I also monitored 154.355 being used at a Delhi fire once as an XB, and possibly 160.215 but I am unsure who that belongs to.

onsceno

Thank you very much, yet again! If you happen to get anything else in the mean time and care to share, that would be outstanding!

Regards,

SMFD34

Extender

I have not seen the extender in use but I know that the VHF mobile has a RPT function that they have to disable to call the hospital, the VHF portable was in the rig since it was purchased, which I believe was before they started using the ops repeater.

DoOver

Hi I'm new

I think most of the VHF portables in this area are mostly for fire ground with a channel for a Fire Station mounted repeater.
The Chief in Walton has a separate channel on his portable to hit his personal truck mounted 46.06 repeater to talk to 911.
I am NOT a radio guy so I might be using the wrong words.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.