Hobbs Edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbyz

Is anyone listening to this system. I cannot get my pro106 to trunkscan this system. I have tried entering all the different sites with talkgroups and still do not get much of any conversation. I can manually step through channels and catch clear traffic and the control channel is hitting 98%. The only thing I can figure is that the database has the LCN wrong. Im using win500 programming software to enter the different systems. Ive only found a control channel on Hobbs and Hobbs Backup system. Can anyone help.

Thanks

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
We still haven't had anyone submit a proper LCN for the system. Some said they had it working, but would not share their data. If you figure it out... let us know!

Have you tried using unitrunker? This would easily help you figure out the LCN, however, it will require you to use 2 scanners =)

badbyz

hobbs edacs

That kinda what I figured. Ill check into unitracker and I do have two scanners so Ill let you know what I figure out. I wont be over New Mexico way for a few more weeks. Give me time to study up!!

Thanks
Al

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
if you have any questions about unitrunker feel free to ask. I hope you can get it figured out! =)

badbyz

Hobbs/Lea Edacs tracked!!

I was finally able to get back over to Eunice NM/ Lea County couple weeks ago with both radios and a computer running unitrunker.

This is what I found...

Site 11
LCN1 856.43750
LCN2 857.43750
LCN3 858.21250 Control
LCN4 858.43750
LCN6 859.43750
LCN7 854.03750
LCN8 854.26250

There is no LCN 5 on this site according to unitrunker but I am finallly able to trunkscan this system after months of trial and error..mostly error struggling with determining the LCN for this system. Unitrunker does list more sites for this system, I assume it pulls it from the control channel, but before I wrote them down I made the mistake of downloading the incorrect info from RR into unitrunker.
Site 11 is not listed in the RR database for this system. The next time I get up closer to Hobbs I will see what else I can discover. The database is not correct.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Awesome, I'll update the DB when I get a chance. From the FCC info, it looks like there should be 10 channels.

Missing freqs are:
859.2125 (Ch 5?)
860.2125 (Ch 9?)
860.4375 (Ch 10?)

Also, the FCC DB shows there should be 2 other sites with freqs of

Site 2

Site 3

Thanks again for your hard work!

badbyz

Missing channels

Yeah I checked the database as well and saw the listed channels. Apparently the missing freqs are not in use. I had all the frequencies I could find programmed into one radio as I was attempting to track this system and they never hit. Unitrunker only finds 7 LCN's for site 11. I dont think Im missing anything for this particular site but who knows Im a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.