Hoboken PD & FD Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) What's the difference in traffic being broadcast on PD channel 1 vs. PD channel 2?

2) Does Hoboken FD ever use a simplex fireground frequency? I've never heard them on anything except the 471.550 MHz repeater.

ansky

The PD has been using channel 2 as the primary dispatch channel at least since the end of last year. I think someone posted a while back that they were having problems with channel 1. I don't even have channel 1 programmed in my scanner anymore so I don't know if it's being used for anything.

851.650 MHz is now being used for RMP dispatch and VAC tone outs. I just can't figure out what 853.275 MHz is being used for. Sounds like maybe detectives, school security, and parking enforcement, but I'm not sure.

ansky

851.650 MHz is now being used for RMP dispatch and VAC tone outs. I just can't figure out what 853.275 MHz is being used for. Sounds like maybe detectives, school security, and parking enforcement, but I'm not sure.

I'm listening to 853.275 now and it sounds like the main dispatch channel to me.

AlexC

Database Admin
There are interference issues with a P25 channel on 851.65 so they often will move to channel 2. When that is not the case they do all their dispatching on .65 and will have some detail units on .275. If there is an event, units detailed to that event will be on .275 while the city cars stay on .65. Recently it could be a coin toss as to which channel is primary due to the interference. HPD considers .65 to be channel 1, while .275 is channel 2.

HFD maintains a VHF license I think it's 170.15 (don't recall the PL off hand though I would expect it to be in the DB). They only use the 471.55 repeater for all their operations which is mixed mode capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.