Hocking County MARCS Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdm8907

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

I'm having trouble getting my HomePatrol 2 to pick up transmissions from Hocking County Fire Departments and EMS. I have added a favorites list with only towers in Hocking County. There are 6 or 7 towers in the county and I think the problem is that by the time my scanner scans through all of them the transmission is over so i'm missing them. I've also tried monitoring just the Logan tower which is centrally located in the county with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated, I'm new to all of this.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I was in Hocking Hills several times this summer and my HP-2 picked up everything just fine scanning the database.

Are you using the stock antenna. You may need a 700/800 MHz. antenna.

For several years now I have used a Laird Technologies TRAB7603 760-870 MHz Phantom Antenna on a mag mount while mobile, but any 800 MHz. antenna should be an improvement, preferably in the 760-870 MHz. range.

If you are just using a back-of-set antenna something like the Laird Technologies IN7-3RD-SMA should help.

The Laird Phantom Antenna has worked great on MARCS-IP all over the state. It also performs well on UHF in Fairfield County as well as the KSP when I am in Kentucky.

For receiving only it doesn't seem to need a ground plane, I usually just place it on the rear inside deck near the third brake light when in my local area, but it has better range on the roof.

A B7603 works even better if you have the clearance. I use one of these on a MBC800 Mobile to Base Adapter on a torch light pole inside my apartment.

Last edited:

firecatohio

Getting it all just fine with a pro-688 with external antenna, even with a RS-800mhz antenna

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cdm8907

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for your help. I stopped at radio shack and bought an 800mhz antenna. Hopefully this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.