Hogle Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Can someone please post the frequencies used by Hogle Zoological Gardens in Salt Lake City.

Thanks

Margetts
Well now, that is an interesting request. To be honest with you I don't know if anyone has bothered to sniff or search them out.

By the way, Margetts, how about an introduction from you since this is your first post. Where are you located? What kind of scanner(s) do you use? What type of scanning are you interested in doing?

If you are local to Utah I would like to welcome you to the Utah Forum and invite you to visit us often. I know you will be back looking to see if we can answer your question, but if we have not, be patient because it may take some time. Meanwhile, I encourage you to return to your User CP (second top blue bar on left side) and then finish filling out your profile, particularly you location. That way it will show on all your posts and we won't have to try to guess where you are located. It is just a small matter of courtesy to the rest of us.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Searching the FCC records I found the below listed call signs and frequencies assigned to the Utah Zoological Society which uses the same address and phone number found in the the Salt Lake City Telephone Directory for Hogle Zoo.

Call Sign - Frequency
KNSS272 - 464.8250
WNJQ686 - 151.6550
WPLJ522 - 151.6550
WPLJ522 - 461.6500
WPUP370 - 451.7550
WPUP370 - 456.7750

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Confirmed this morning 451.7750 pl233.6 (rptr output), (input is 456.775) is used by Guest Services.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Confirmed this morning 451.7750 pl233.6 (rptr output), (input is 456.775) is used by Guest Services.
Gary, I've logged this repeater also, but I wasn't sure of the entity since it's also licensed to University of Utah. Did you hear traffic that confirms it is a zoo repeater?

Oddly the University of Utah has a lot of licenses in the business band that are on active frequencies, but they are also licensed to other SLC businesses. Much of the traffic is things like deliveries and construction/repairs that make the entity difficult to identify. I have quite a list of these I'm trying to resolve.

-Tim

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I spent about an hour parked at the Zoo this morning. That freq was strong there (still could have been the UofU) but they ID'ed as Guest Services and made comments about a Ferritt at the Pavilion that was ready for pick-up. And I remember that the last time I was out there I heard Zoo related comms on this freq.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I spent about an hour parked at the Zoo this morning. That freq was strong there (still could have been the UofU) but they ID'ed as Guest Services and made comments about a Ferritt at the Pavilion that was ready for pick-up. And I remember that the last time I was out there I heard Zoo related comms on this freq.
Thanks Gary, I added it to the DB.

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.