Hoke County

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I was searching the database this morning and I noticed that all but a few frequencies for Hoke County

had been depreciated.

I especially noticed the fire dispatch and ems/rescue dispatch frequencies were depreciated.

I know they are or have already migrated to Viper for communications.

The questions is if there dispatch frequencies have been depreciated and are not using them. How do

they page out volunteers for fire/rescue calls.

I have been through Hoke County and I don't see how each department can afford to issue each member

a $5,000 each portable radio to be alerted on.

Just curious and wandering

David

Several options....

In house digital paging (Gaston County used to have this in addition to two tone voice paging).

Calls could be pushed to smartphones (with monthly cost per device).

Unication​ G4 or G5 pagers could be issued (twice the cost of a traditional two tone pager, but much more flexible).

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
Fire and emergency dispatch are still in use pick them up daily.Sheriff dispatch 1 and 2 are being used sometimes by raeford pd (453.800 main dispatch)no activity on vhf Fire tac.

cstewie84

Hoke County Distpach.

I have heard activity on "Fire Ch. 1 Dispatch ". They are still using pagers and I believe some departments are using smart phone applications. Apps could be iamresponding, Active 911, or any other app now available.

I hear activity on their Hoke County Viper System Talk Groups, they are definitely using the 800 MHz system.

Status
Not open for further replies.