Hold on a channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

triumph

Hi
I have the UBCD3600XLT the european version of the BCD436HP. When I hold on a channel in a list, after a signal is received on the held channel the scanner skips to the next channel in the list and holds on that. I just want it to stay on the first channel I hold on. Is there a setting I am missing?
Barry G6SRE

Ubbe

What type of channel, conventional analog without CTCSS/DCS? Then try without CTCSS/DCS.

If you hold and then open and close squelch, does it jump one channel forward?

Anyhow there's no setting that could possible make this happen. If it is a trunked system I could imagine that it jumps to the control channel to be able to track that talk group your're holding on to.

When I use the Siren app it sometimes sends commands by itself when I use the scanners keypad and it also have some bugs.
If you are using some sort of remote control program then it could be a problem with that.

/Ubbe

triumph

Channel is the local shopping centre on DMR. It is programed as a conventional channel although it is actually a single frequency DMR with 2 talk groups. Opening and closing the squelch doesn't make it skip so that may the problem
Barry

Ubbe

If it where programmed as a trunked system I guess it somehow would like to go to the rest channel in a cap+ system or a control channel but now you have it as a conventional channel.

Looks like the scanner can't handle the close down of the call signalling or something. Maybe it's a system type that Uniden hasn't come by until now, or not tested as a conventional channel. What country are you in?

What happens if you program that channel again right after the first one? Or as a DMR one frequency system, as you normally would do?

/Ubbe

triumph

Thanks Have had a play and think you are right. Deleted the channel from the FL and reprogramed it into a new FL as a Dmr single frequency. Seems to have solved the problem.
Barry G6SRE

Status
Not open for further replies.