Hold on a Talkgroup options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewAddict

Hi all,

Is there a way to hold on a talkgroup besides the button? For example, I am away from the unit and I hear something I want to hold on but I don't get back to the unit in time to press the button, can I go on my laptop and access the setup area and "tune" into a specified talkgroup from a list? I am often doing stuff around the house but an incident may occur that I want to listen to for a while on one specific talkgroup.

Thanks for the help.

I just heard about the P25RX. It sounds like the ultimate SDR. I was pondering on sinking $700+ on the SDS200 or the G5 to eliminate the simulcast issue. This is affordable. Would this be a simple plug and play device to listen to just the EMS P25 phase II talkgroup on the Palm Beach County or the Broward County Florida 800 MHz trunked system?

Hit_Factor

Would this be a simple plug and play device to listen to just the EMS P25 phase II talkgroup ...

It is not plug and play. You have to search for control channels. But it's not hard. Enter your ZIP code or City, State along with a few other parameters like band, government, trunked. Later, you will want to add in your talk groups of interest. Read the manual at the BlueTail Tech site.

You should start a new thread, this thread is about holding on a TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.