Hold on favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I am sure in all the X36 threads and info, there is an answer that I have overlooked.
I know how to turn on/off a favorite list.
But, how do I go to and Hold on a favorite list. My lists are pretty simple, as I have only assigned a quick key to the system.

So, how do I go to, say, FL 5 and hol,d/scan that list ony, without turning off all the other FLs?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Doug

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe you can hold on a Favorites List. You can hold on a System, Department or Channel contained in the Favorites List by pressing the appropriate button (System, Dept, Channel).

I'm basing this on how I read the manual beginning at the bottom of page 54.

If I'm right, the only way to restrict your scanning to a given Favorites List is to turn off all FL Quick Keys other than the one you wish to restrict your scanning to.

JoeyC

That is correct. If your FLs are pretty simple, you might want to consider combining them into one then using the Systems and departments to hold on.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Favorite Hold

I don't believe you can hold on a Favorites List. You can hold on a System, Department or Channel contained in the Favorites List by pressing the appropriate button (System, Dept, Channel).

I'm basing this on how I read the manual beginning at the bottom of page 54.

If I'm right, the only way to restrict your scanning to a given Favorites List is to turn off all FL Quick Keys other than the one you wish to restrict your scanning to.

That is how I read it, as well. Just hoping I wasn't reading it that way.
On the 996, you could easily hold.

Oh well, maybe someone has a workaround.

Doug

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The workaround would probably be just assigning one system (and all of its contents) to one Favorites List. Then the scanner would function similarly to the 996.

I believe in the hierarchy of things, a Favorites List is the "next bigger" container.

With the x96 scanners, you had "systems" which held "groups" (now called departments) and those groups held channels.

The HP series scanners now offer Favorites Lists which hold multiple systems, which hold all the other "stuff".

This is my first foray into the Favorites List concept. I was leery of it at first, mostly because it was something new and I'm an old dog. But it is growing on me. With the Favorites List concept I can now combine trunked and conventional systems together, where before you could not (though you could have given them the same system quick key so they'd all come on together).

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
With the Favorites List concept I can now combine trunked and conventional systems together, where before you could not (though you could have given them the same system quick key so they'd all come on together).

Referring to what I bolded above you can easily combine trunked and conventional systems together. Or am I missing something? I ask because I have a BCT15X and I have some trunked and conventional systems set up on the same QK.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry if I confused you. You are quite correct - you can assign the same quick key to a conventional system that you have assigned to a trunked system (actually the site(s) in the trunked system).

While they may share or be assigned with the same System Quick Key, a trunked system is a separate thing and a conventional system is a separate thing. So from a "purist" standpoint they are not combined together - they are each programmed separately. (Yeah, it's "hair splitting" with what "combine" means to one may not mean the same to another).

The only real difference is with programming software. With Favorites Lists, finding things associated with the same quick key is a little more efficient. The conventional system(s) and trunked system(s) are clustered together in the Favorites List. With the 15X (and the x96 series scanners) you have to take a few extra steps, though simple, to see which "things" are assigned to the same system quick key.

dtscho

Database Admin
Maybe in a firmware update, Uniden could make pressing Func + SYS a way of holding on a Favorites List.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.