Holding off on exchanging my 536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I considered exchanging my 536HP, then decided to hold off. I rather keep my new scanner than risk getting someone elses Smoker Special, Antenna Yanker, Back Porch Dew Damper, Courious Kid Twister, Coffee Ring Coaster, Opps Wrong Adapter,Chicken Lickin button pusher, Oops three foot drop test. Speaker cranker while I mow, Subwoofer vibration station, and of course Dat don't go dare, what dat for?

It's my scanner and I know everything about it. Even with its imperfections.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I considered exchanging my 536HP, then decided to hold off. I rather keep my new scanner than risk getting someone elses Smoker Special, Antenna Yanker, Back Porch Dew Damper, Courious Kid Twister, Coffee Ring Coaster, Opps Wrong Adapter,Chicken Lickin button pusher, Oops three foot drop test. Speaker cranker while I mow, Subwoofer vibration station, and of course Dat don't go dare, what dat for?

I needed a good laugh. Thanks!

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good

My understanding is there is now the option of getting your own scanner back after the update, it will just take longer - or did I get that wrong? Anyone?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Me personally, I'd rather get a "same as brand new" unit in a few days than have to wait weeks without my scanner. Paul made it very clear that the unit you get back will be every bit as pristine as yours was when new, so there's no need to worry about getting a funky smelling unit from some chain smoking, grubby fingered news stringer (like me, LOL).

-AZ

LIScanner101

Me personally, I'd rather get a "same as brand new" unit in a few days than have to wait weeks without my scanner. Paul made it very clear that the unit you get back will be every bit as pristine as yours was when new, so there's no need to worry about getting a funky smelling unit from some chain smoking, grubby fingered news stringer (like me, LOL).

-AZ

Everybody has their own preferences but it's good to see that there is the option of getting your own scanner back if you so chose. I've got a bit of a hang-up of someone having gotten their "shack fingers" all over my own piece of equipment :lol: . Anywho, it's all good, the option is there.

pepsima1

Banned
These units are so new that there is no chain smoker that has had this radio. All of our units that will be returned to us will be new. The only paws that have been on these radios are Uniden fingers. Serious come on.

Do you really think that some scum bag had this radio for the past two years and then returned a 536HP back to Uniden and then they cleaned it out with an air duster. These radios are brand new.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood your previous post, as I took it to mean that you have not yet purchased a BCD536HP. If you want the same unit back that you currently have, use our standard warranty return process.

LIScanner101

These units are so new that there is no chain smoker that has had this radio. All of our units that will be returned to us will be new. The only paws that have been on these radios are Uniden fingers. Serious come on.

Do you really think that some scum bag had this radio for the past two years and then returned a 536HP back to Uniden and then they cleaned it out with an air duster. These radios are brand new.

Brand-new is brand-new.

Used is used.

Words have meaning.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Brand-new is brand-new.

Used is used.

Words have meaning.

The question may be who decides what that meaning is?

Courts?, Congress?, Theologians?, Geeks?, University Professors?, PR people?, Repair people?, Engineers?, Business People?, Us?, etc..

You might find the history of why companies doing business in the U.S. are now allowed to send used (refurbished) working units in place of the used broken units (regardless of cause) sent to them for repair.

It has not always been this way.

Bottom line may be, when is something no longer new after it is sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.