Holiday City-Berkeley massive missing person search

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

Search is still ongoing this morning. Numerous fire departments were dispatched around 7:40 AM for manpower. Still operating on County Trunk System Fire Tac 1 Talk Group.

DJ88

8:45 AM - She has been found in the wooded area near her home. According to someone who posted on the Press website, she is concious but in an area that is difficult to get to.

stvnd53

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
God I hope my children put me into that place( in a few years).More freedom then I have now!

ppfceagen

Man, that search was a pain in the a**. We were dispatched 3 different times to search for this woman who went searching for her dog and slept in the woods where we just happened to miss her. We were out there at around 3:30PM for a few hours and then again at 9:30PM that same night with TIC's, flashlights, and a ton of personnel and apparatus throughout Holiday City. We were then hit out yet again for the thrid time at about 7:30AM the following morning in which she spotted a NJSP helicopter and used her shorts attached to a tree branch to get its attention and finally get her found. I'm glad she was found and wasn't injured or anything at all, but that search really sucked. By the way, I'm a member of the Pinewald Pioneer Fire Company (Station 20) and Berkeley Emergency Response Team (BERT/HazMat - Station 85), which we were using our brush truck to search for her as well as went looking for her on foot behind all of the houses during the night with thermal imaging cameras and flashlights.

Yeah, there was another person missing not long after this woman went missing, but the second person was found on Route 37 coming from Wal-Mart within an hour or so I believe. I couldn't go because I was preparing one of our HazMat trucks to go to the Toms River Fest that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.