Holly tower control freq. change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old4rd

It seems that the control channel for the Holly tower (#201) has changed to 868.9125, and I did not see this listed in the R.R. data for Holly..... FYI

mikey60

Old4rd said:
It seems that the control channel for the Holly tower (#201) has changed to 868.9125, and I did not see this listed in the R.R. data for Holly..... FYI

It shouldn't be on that frequency since the cancelled the license for that frequency not too long ago... This basically means that the site is operating illegally.

Mike

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
What is displayed with UniTrunker, Pro96com, PRO-96, or BCD306T? Does this confirm tower 201 for 868.9125?

Old4rd

DaveIN said:
What is displayed with UniTrunker, Pro96com, PRO-96, or BCD306T? Does this confirm tower 201 for 868.9125?

PRO 96 displays: SY796, TO201, 92493, 868.91250 MHz. @ 99%. I use it to monitor Genesee Co's. APCO-25 system. This towers (Holly) control channel had disappeared for a couple of days until I had time to "search" it out and confirm. This is not the first time they have changed control freqs. on this tower....

Old4rd

mikey60 said:
It shouldn't be on that frequency since the cancelled the license for that frequency not too long ago... This basically means that the site is operating illegally.

Mike

I know that it is a strange concept in this day and age, but could it be possible that our government agencies don't always operate legally, heaven forbid; or that they filed an ammended application with the FCC and have authorization? I suspect the latter in this instance. But you never know...

mikey60

Old4rd said:
I know that it is a strange concept in this day and age, but could it be possible that our government agencies don't always operate legally, heaven forbid; or that they filed an ammended application with the FCC and have authorization? I suspect the latter in this instance. But you never know...

I checked the FCC database for that frequency. It's licensed in Detroit, but not at the Holly tower... There is no authorization for that frequency in that location.

Mike

fireresq2825

Can anyone tell me if the tower still on the wrong CC, or is it fixed? I talked to someone in Lansing yesterday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.