Hollywood Police/Fire Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedMarshall

For some reason, Hollywood Police and Fire talkgroups come across with control channel noise instead of voice. All the other City of Hollywood talkgroups come in fine (Public Works, Parking Enforcement, etc.) I have all Broward Co. Motorola Type II SmartZone frequencies programed into one bank (Bank 3) on my RadioShack Pro 97 scanner in order as listed on this website from site 1 to site 5. All the other sites (BSO Primary, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Plantation) give me no trouble whatsoever. Hollywood is a P.I.T.A.

Also, in another bank (Bank 9), Palm Beach Co. Motorola Type II SmartZone, Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach Police talkgroups do the same thing. All I hear is control channel clamor when somthing is being transmitted.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

Frustrated in S. Florida,
Ted

TedMarshall

Well, I just learned something...Thank you. Analog vs. Digital Talkgroups. Any advice on what to do in order to get these talkgroups?

Ted

n4yek

TedMarshall said:
Well, I just learned something...Thank you. Analog vs. Digital Talkgroups. Any advice on what to do in order to get these talkgroups?

Ted
Buy a Digital scanner (Pro 97 isn't), no other choice.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
On the Broward County SmartZone system, only Hollywood PD and FD are digital. All other users are analog, with the exception of a few digital specialized groups, such as internal affairs, and a few surveillance and undercover groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.