Holmdel NJ FD radio traffic Nov 29 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Holmdel NJ had a house fire on Nov 29 2021

newspaper said fire was reported at 737 am

Broadcastify recording for Holmdel FD 154.10 had multi tone sets (5 by my county] go out at "741" am with a reported house fire with 1 person trapped ... that was at 11:30 elapsed on the 730 am recording which matches the time given by the dispatcher

the next radio traffic was at 20:42 elapsed / 750 am ... 1866 went onscene with fire showing ... 1866 was talking to "Holmdel" on "Holmdel Local" ... shortly thereafter 1877 signed on ... and the dispatcher reported that some other FD had a working fire also and could not supply a RIT team .... did not listen to more of this recording

there was more radio traffic on the feed ... the 9am recording had a tweedle at 1322 elapsed and someone said "ya gotta do better" at 2639 elapsed on the recording ie 926am

bottom line ... as of Nov 29 2021 ... 154.10 was called 'Holmdel Local' and it was getting a fair amount of use ... both the dispatcher and the field units could be heard equally well via the Broadcastify feed ... it all sounded like analog radio traffic to me ie not digital traffic ... did not hear any police units or ambulances

1. anyone know if Holmdel has 2 or 3 fire stations these days?
2. anyone know what portable radio IDs would be used on Engine 1877? would it be 1877A and 1877B and 1877C or maybe 1877 Alpha etc?

cash082

Premium Subscriber
zerg901, this may come off sounding bad however, I think it's the right answer.
It looks like you are looking for very detailed information as to this incident.

I'd recommend you file out an OPRA request with the town. They can provide recordings, and a police report in reference to an incident.
They should have a CAD log, who signed in service, when, etc.
See link below.

IMO this is way too detailed for a radioreference forum post of analysis of an incident.
This is a NJ Radio discussion forum, not a police report or incident Monday morning quarterbacking or discussion forum. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. By even commenting, I'd be commenting on that agencies operations most likely. I won't do that, ever. Nor will many people on here.

EDIT:
I realize you are asking those 2 questions. But there are others in the text. The portable ID's would be done by a department basis. Unless you were talking to someone from Homdel FD that did the radio work, I doubt you'd know exactly what MDC portable is where on what apparatus. Most towns have a ID per riding assignment. Some others, portables issued to all members. It all depends.

Last edited:

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
I believe they have 3 stations including Cheesequake if my info is correct.
Holmdel is covered by one fire department operating out of two stations. They used to have two fire departments however in 2014 the Township voted to turn all fire suppression responsibilities over to Holmdel Fire & Rescue Company #2. Holmdel Fire Company #1 was located on Main Street in the old Holmdel village area and since closed up shop completely.

#2 is having a new fire house built on Crawford Corners Road at the back entrance to PNC Bank Arts Center.

Cheesequake Fire is in Old Bridge Township in Middlesex County.

My logs have Holmdel Fire RIDs from about 1320260 to about 1320318. I do not have it broken down by apparatus.

Last edited:

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Holmdel moved to the state TRS system. Not sure when, but some communication may of been on that which is what your not hearing.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
2. anyone know what portable radio IDs would be used on Engine 1877? would it be 1877A and 1877B and 1877C or maybe 1877 Alpha etc?

I was asking about the words they use on the radio to identify themselves. Not the digital ones and zeros transmitted by the radios.

Anyone know if they say "Engine 1877 Driver" or "Engine 1877 Bravo" or "77 Chauffeur" or something like that? How about other FDs in NJ? What do they do?

BuggyBoo

I was asking about the words they use on the radio to identify themselves. Not the digital ones and zeros transmitted by the radios.

Anyone know if they say "Engine 1877 Driver" or "Engine 1877 Bravo" or "77 Chauffeur" or something like that? How about other FDs in NJ? What do they do?
AFAIK, portable units that go interior will use Interior as their identifier, on a larger scale incident I believe they will utilize their apparatus number unless otherwise specified. The driver of said rig if using a portable will still be identifying as 18-77 or whatever apparatus they drove. It all falls under County and local SOPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.