Holmdel township police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
Good day all. Just got word that Holmdel township police have been approved and has a contract with Motorola to upgrade communications equipment. They will be changing over to 700mhz and joining the NJICS system and you’ve guessed it, they will be encrypted. The system was just approved by the council so figure by fall or early next year for the move. Keep an eye on tg’s to be added to the system for them.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
arent they 1318?
Their ORI is NJ0131800 however their state municipality code is 1320. Usually they match up but sometimes not.

The differences between the ORI and municipality code are due to town name changes which took place between when an ORI was set by the FBI and when the municipality code was set by the state. Both sets appear to have been alphabetical whenever they were set up.

For instance, Aberdeen used to be Matawan Township until 1977 so their ORI is NJ0133000 but the municipality code is 1301.

Colts Neck was Atlantic Township until 1962 so their ORI is NJ0130400 but their municipality code is 1310.

Hazlet was Raritan Township until 1967 so their ORI is NJ0133900 but their municipality code is 1318.

Last edited:

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
So tonight I was talking with someone close to the department and found out that holmdel fire and EMS are also going to the njics as well. They fd and EMS will NOT be encrypted. Police will be 100% encryption all the time.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I live in Toms River and have yet to be able to pick up the Monmouth County TRS. I have a lot of respect for Howell PD as they joined the NJ 700 system and remained not encrypted. Chief Kubrick is totally committed to transparency with the dispatch channels and the information put out over their Facebook page. While I am not starting an encryption debate, I really wish agencies could compromise and leave dispatch clear. Oh well- off to work.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
I live in Toms River and have yet to be able to pick up the Monmouth County TRS. I have a lot of respect for Howell PD as they joined the NJ 700 system and remained not encrypted. Chief Kubrick is totally committed to transparency with the dispatch channels and the information put out over their Facebook page. While I am not starting an encryption debate, I really wish agencies could compromise and leave dispatch clear. Oh well- off to work.
Yes!!!!! 👍👍👍👍

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
The county system does have its dead spots, especially on the beach and out of county but still much better than the state system around here.

I wish Holmdel luck. They should have better luck due to telegraph hill.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
The county system does have its dead spots, especially on the beach and out of county but still much better than the state system around here.

I wish Holmdel luck. They should have better luck due to telegraph hill.

Would be nice if the County and State would play nice and ISSI their systems together.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I sit on the radio committee in work the cops are trying to go E, we put the brakes on to that real fast. in the way the state of the
world is today we need total transparency when it comes to Public Safety, , I warned the town I live in too not even to think about it either.
I wrote a position paper on in work why an agency should not ever go the way of E, if its that important use the cell phone.

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
I sit on the radio committee in work the cops are trying to go E, we put the brakes on to that real fast. in the way the state of the
world is today we need total transparency when it comes to Public Safety, , I warned the town I live in too not even to think about it either.
I wrote a position paper on in work why an agency should not ever go the way of E, if its that important use the cell phone.

Thank you for standing up. This is what it will take to stop or slow down or limit to non dispatch channels encryption across America.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
The discussion is on going in the NJICS Municipal Migration thread already, but right now it looks like 4935 is Holmdel Township Fire and 4937 may be Holmdel Township Police, if not an FD ops TG.

danlewis

Feed Provider
TG 5153 confirmed as Public Works and submitted to the DB. It is in the clear, very active with radios 101 and 103 coordinating leaf removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.