Holmdel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TERSH

Maybe someone can answer this question, I was listening to a Holmdel fire / ems dispatch and they must have hit out 11 or 12 different tones? Can anyone tell me why, or what they are all for? It took longer to have the tones go out, than the actual dispatcher talking! haha

There's 3 sets of tones for the FD and 2 for EMS, even though I believe they only have 2 fire stations. I thought I recently heard them say station 18-3 over the air, though over the years it's always been station 18-1 and 18-2.

Tech792

and I think there is officers' tones for FD or EMS. STA 18-2 was just created late last year. Up until then there was only STA 18-1.

scannersnstuff

although holmdel has 2 fire co's,they are based out of 3 station's.

sta-1 - main street/rt.520
sta-2 - crawfords corner rd at the parkway service entrance/
pnc art's center entrance. co.#2 apparatus quartered here. <?>.
sta-3 - centerville rd off rt.35 sb.

squad.quartered at sta.2 & 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Middletown Station 11 (Old Village Fire Company on Rt. 35) responds to all Holmdel fire calls also, but are dispatched through Middletown (154.295), though responding apparatus switch over to Holmdel (154.1).

scannersnstuff

the reason for the <?> next to where 18-2 is quartered is because holmdel fd seem's to move their fire apparatus around quite a bit.

Tech792

Old Village has had the contract for covering northern sections of holmdel for the past 5+ years (for a contracted fee). Before that, North Centerville had it for many years. It was rumored last year that once the new 18-2 fire co was established, they were going to end Old Village's coverage. So far that hasn't happened.
This all started many years ago when the RT 520 STA 1 station was the only station to cover the entire Twp. Their response times to the northern areas was slow. This goes back to the late 70's early 80's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.