Holmes County Sheriff/Millersburg PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey1

I'm looking for more information, in addition to the frequencies listed in the database, for the Holmes County Sheriff and Millersburg Police. I realize they use MotoTrbo, and I have the radio equipment to listen to them. I just need to know the color code, and group ID's in use on their system(s).

Does anyone have information to share? Thanks.

Davey1

Still looking for more information on the Holmes County Sheriff and Millersburg Police using MotoTrbo. In need of the color code and group ID's.

Thanks.

i was also looking to buying a Moto-Trbo HT to monitor a system i was told even if you know the color code and group ids you need to know the correct id number to monitor them

Davey1

I have monitored many of these systems, and as long as they're not privacy-enabled, you need the frequency, color code, and group id(s). In almost every case that is all that is needed.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have monitored many of these systems, and as long as they're not privacy-enabled, you need the frequency, color code, and group id(s). In almost every case that is all that is needed.

Use DSDPlus and a discriminator-tapped scanner or cheap RTL dongle and you can ascertain that information yourself.

I've tried to obtain that information many times, but Holmes is too far away from Jefferson and the signal quality just isn't good enough.

But it's easy information to get. Instead of pleading for somebody else to get it, go by a cheap dongle, plug it into your computer, and download DSDPlus. You'll have all you need to find out that information about TRBO/NXDN systems in your area.

Mike

hunter440

I have been told the Millersburg Police are now using the MARCS system but I cannot find the talkgroup ID in the database.

Does anyone have the ID?

Thanks!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have been told the Millersburg Police are now using the MARCS system but I cannot find the talkgroup ID in the database.

Does anyone have the ID?

Thanks!

Hopefully somebody answers you with the ID, but typically if it's not listed in the DB you won't usually find somebody on the forums with the ID. If somebody on the forums knew the ID, they would have likely submitted it.

Your best bet is to set your scanner in ID SEARCH or OPEN mode, whatever the option is that allows you to hear all unencrypted talkgroup activity without specifically having to program in talkgroups. If you did that, you should be able to quickly figure out what Millersburg PD's new talkgroup is. And then, you could report it back to us so that we could enter it into the DB.

Thanks!

mike

Nasby

In addition to Mike's advice, I would also monitor the two sheriff's Talkgroups for Holmes Co.

Often, small town police depts will share the same T/G with the county sheriff.

Not sure who dispatches for Millersburg PD but its quite possible that the sheriff may dispatch for them on the same T/G as the sheriff's dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.