Holy Moly! 121.75 FM - Rooskies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacellamaman

Anyone else catch that????

approx 2340 east coast usa/ 0340utc through a riduculous fluke and an ability to remember things that help me none in real life, a new sw reciever i had just cut on i thought was causing interference on 121.75, ground control freq for my hometown airport. took out the batteries and signal still there. quick check of mental roledex of useless information led to my changing the modulation to FM..... and holy moly da ruskies be speaking! quick glance at ISS position for that time would have put it in the area east of honduras etc, i believe at the very edge of my range LOS from NC. i have very little experience here folks, i had that in a scanner for two years and heard nothing and removed it cause i assumed it was old/obsolete MIR stuff.

does this sound plausible? its the only time i have ever had this happen. anyone else know of this still being used within the past few years.

sorry bout the messy message just too excited to proofread.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I always thought they were operating around 143 MHZ. But it is possible they are duplex and you are receiving the ground segment? Or an image of 143?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

AlphaFive

Nice Find

Geez, poor Russians just can't say a word around this place without someone listening to them... haa. That is a great find on that hit. Now I have something to look for today. Thanks for that one.

kma371

QRT
Its very rare to hear them. Russian EVAs aren't typically done over the US due to controlling agency of them being based in Moscow​. So typically they are done when EVAs pass over Russian ground stations through out Europe.

Might have caught either the beginning or end of the actual EVA

Hooligan

I've heard them on that freq occasionally for the past several years, & while everyone knows about 143.625, it is pretty cool to catch them on that other freq. 130.1675 is another one to try.

AlphaFive

I see in this morning's paper that an American and two Russians landed in Kazakhstan yesterday after 173 days on the I.S.S. maybe the Soyuz craft had something to do with it. That is all beyond my paygrade, but I'm sure the catch is no coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.