Home antenna Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sccafire

I am purchasing a new home in Lincoln, CA. Their will be no H.O.A. I do have a copy of the CC&R. Under the heading of Antennae and Satellite Dishes it reads:

No owner shall install any antenna, satellite dish, or other over-the-air receiving device that is of size larger than is permitted under Title 47 U.S.C. § § 1 et seq.. 47 CFR § 1.4000 and any other Applicable Laws or rules or decisions promulgated with respect thereto.

I cannot seem to find anything that states exactly what size. Any help would be appreciated.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Just print out a label that reads, "Conforms to Title 47 U.S.C. § § 1 et seq.. 47 CFR § 1.4000" and stick it on any antenna you want.

prcguy

Under Title 47 CFR is 97.15, which states:
Except as otherwise provided herein, a station antenna structure may be erected at heights and dimensions sufficient to accommodate amateur service communications. (State and local regulation of a station antenna structure must not preclude amateur service communications. Rather, it must reasonably accommodate such communications and must constitute the minimum practicable regulation to accomplish the state or local authority's legitimate purpose. See PRB-1, 101 FCC 2d 952 (1985) for details.)

If you intend to put up an antenna for amateur radio then do it and point anyone who complains to this.
prcguy

Status
Not open for further replies.