Home Invasion shooting in San Marcos

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
1000: There was just a home invasion shooting in San Marcos. A burglar attempted burglary of a habitation, was shot 5 times in the process with a .22 cal handgun. The assailant fled on foot. SMPD has perimeter setup with K9 on the way. They have the homeowner's handgun accounted for and found another in the front yard.

1006: Subject arrived (quickly), at CTMC ER with multiple gunshot wounds. Police are unsure of how he arrived.

1008: Neighbors have reported the subject got in a late 80s model sedan, with dual exhaust. Still looking for the sedan.

1009: Running SNs of handguns.

FlashSWT

That is one thing I remember from when I lived in San Marcos, students are awful about leaving their apartments unlocked. (From the linked article is sounds like the intruders walked right in.)

I guess having your door locked would cramp the free flowing party mentality that comes with communal living...

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
That is one thing I remember from when I lived in San Marcos, students are awful about leaving their apartments unlocked.

I hear that. I wouldn't leave them unlocked (I live in a residential area though), but the apartments have had a bad rash of walk-in robberies and window crawl-ins with all this nice weather.

Alright- leave it to Anita to set the story straight.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Moral of the story, don't bring a .22 cal to a real gun fight. The home owner is very lucky to be alive.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Moral of the story, don't bring a .22 cal to a real gun fight. The home owner is very lucky to be alive.

Well the latest news says the homeowner used the .22 cal., and the burglar was carrying a "b-b" gun. I guess the criminal was that stupid...

At least the homeowner used what he had...

Status
Not open for further replies.