Home Made Antenna Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptybucket

I have a Yaesu VX-6r and still have the rubber duck antenna on it that I would like to replace. While I have looked for new antennas online, I would really like to make my own if possible.

Does anyone know of good DIY plans, schematics, or websites that show how to do this. Preferably ones that would be a good fit with this type of tri-band transceiver?

also,

As I'm new to this, is there any good suggestions for a good brand antenna to go with in the off chance that my home made antenna doesn't work?

Thanks for your help

KE7WFI

tmfok7

I have a Yaesu VX-6r and still have the rubber duck antenna on it that I would like to replace. While I have looked for new antennas online, I would really like to make my own if possible.

Does anyone know of good DIY plans, schematics, or websites that show how to do this. Preferably ones that would be a good fit with this type of tri-band transceiver?

also,

As I'm new to this, is there any good suggestions for a good brand antenna to go with in the off chance that my home made antenna doesn't work?

Thanks for your help

KE7WFI

If you haven't, just Google antenna plans or search Ham Radio antennas. Im sure you will find a site with plans for an antenna. On the chance you dont find plans for something you can build, here is a link to the Diamond Antennas site:

Diamond® Antenna ~ SRH320A Triband HT Antenna

The srh320a covers all three bands in the VX6R and given reports from people elsewhere on this site that use their RH77 as a scanner antenna, I think you won't be disappointed!

Good Luck and 73......

jimc06226

do a search on ham universe.com for a multi band dipole antenna it will show you how to build one

KG4NEL

The ARRL Antenna Book, while probably not worth buying on a regular basis, is a good reference to have at least one copy of. It goes into more depth for antenna-related issues than the Handbook does - although I'd recommend a copy of the HB to any new ham, also!

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I've got the Practical Antenna Handbook 5/e (kindle edition) IMO it's a better buy than the ARRL option. However it doesn't talk much about ducks and doesn't have nearly as much VHF/UHF info in comparison to HF.

On my FT-270 I have a Smiley Antenna slim duck. I like it and have found some others about that I like just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
If you are looking to replace your rubber duckie antenna with another rubber duckie, I wouldn't waste the time or money trying to reinvent the wheel with a DYI antenna. Look at the reviews and maybe visit a shop to see what gives the best performance/fit. I use SBC antennas on my VX-5.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a base or mobile antenna, then DIY is a reasonable alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.