Home made antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukon

Premium Subscriber
Home made antennas (pics)

the dipole antenna came from the Wiki page and was easy to make.it costme aprox. $25-30.00. I have yet to try it out as a previous groundplane antenna I made is working Great. The Yagi Antenna I made came from dimensions I aquired from this web site. http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=11183 . I input 860 MHZ with 1/4" allthread for the directors, the driven element and reflector. I used 1" square tube from Home Depot and a custom configuration to insulate the driven units. this thing is TOTALLY AWESOME. On my BCD396T formy local San bernardino Sheriffs I was getting 0-1 bar of signal when hooked up to the yagi I get FULL signal strength and is loud and clear.I totally recomend this site for design specs.good luck. I had lots of fun buiding this antenna.it also cost me about $25.00

Attachments

• homemade antennas1.jpg
    homemade antennas1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,964
  • homemade antennas2.jpg
    homemade antennas2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 4,787
Last edited:

scannermaniac

Nice Job, I hope my Antenna comes out as well as yours and kokomo's, I'll post a Pic when mine is finished next weekend (unless I screw it up somehow and by a rat shack base antenna,lol)-Scannermaniac

yukon

Premium Subscriber
WJF,
You should definately ,at least give it a try, the satisfaction of hearing the difference when you hook up the antenna that YOU made is great. Especially like for me, As I was going to buy an antenna and when done these things worked better than expected. Besides I got to build and install these with my 10 year old daughter.check out this antenna . It may look horrible but it cost me $1.50 and it picks up stations 25 miles away behind a hill with satifactory results and took only a couple of hours start to finish. Oh yeah the $40.00 Discone I bought from one of the local swap meet works good too , but I enjoyed building the other better. COME ON GIVE IT A TRY!!

Attachments

• antennas 3.jpg
    antennas 3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,260

k9rzz

I always thought dipoles had the same length on either side of the feedpoint.

I must be old school.

John K9RZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.